Three

smiled at me like the bright sun°

°°°

Yuri pushed past the crowds, running as the cold breeze whipped her hair past her gently.

Haruto and her had decided to meet up after college, but she was very late as her class timing was extended.

Her shoes slapped against the ground, as she scurried past more and more people on the busy street, glancing simultaneously at her wrist watch and the road.

It wasn't that important of a meeting but she disliked to keep someone waiting and more over, it was him.

She finally reached her destination, the entrance of the park they had decided to meet up. 

She frantically looked around for the tall, black haired male among the mob of people. She could easily spot him, his neck bent over while his head hovered above his phone.

She made her way over to him, still jogging away.

She pulled onto his denim jacket's sleeve as she reached him, while she panted not-so-heavily, tired from all the running.

The boy was startled to see her agitated state and shot a worried look at her.

"What happened? Why did you run over? Are you okay?" He bombarded her with questions.

Yuri spoke after calming down a little bit.

"I was late with my classes, and I thought I'd keep you waiting. I'm so sorry." She said still panicking on the inside.

Haruto stifled a laugh as she rambled on about how she was late.

"Hey, hey calm down, it's alright. I was a bit late too." He spoke smiling at her as he held her shoulders, his back bent over to reach her short altitude.

She breathed out in relief and apologized again, as thoughts clouded her head while they entered the park.

The weather was still pleasant enough to walk around, holding hands and sweet talking to each other.

Was it a date? She didn't know. Did she wish it was a date? She didn't know that either.

But the guy next to her, wished it was a date. With his whole heart.

°°°