New Beginnings

"Hi Sivaangi, enna nyabagam irukka?" Praveen asked as she stood perplexed.

(Do you remember me?)

"Praveen Sivaangi. Marandhuttiya? He was in our next flat when you were young. Appo best friend nu ketta Praveen dhan nu solluva? He used to learn music from us. Do you not remember?" Mrs. Krishna kumar clarified.

(Did you forget? You always called him your best friend then.)

Sivaangi slowly recollected her childhood memories. "Ohhhh... yes I remember. Neenga US poiteenga la? Romba varusham aanadhu naala I forgot. Sorry", she apologised.

(Sorry. It's been so long so I completely forgot. Now I remember. Didn't you leave to the US?)

"Paravalla. Ippo inga dhan irukka poren. Yes I was in US. My parents are still there. I am here because I am majoring in music. Doing a research in Indian classical music. Collecting some information from singers and musicians here. First thought vandhadhe unga parents dhan. Uncle ah college la meet pannen. Avaru dhan veettukku vara sonnaru. I am glad to meet you after such a long time Sivaangi. Chinna vayasula you were so silent. I've been following you closely since your super singer days. 4.5 million followers la naanum oruthan. But you have completely changed. We should really spend some time together. For old times' sake. Naa adikkadi varuven. Let's catch up", Praveen responded with a heavy American accent.

(That's alright. I will be here for now. The first thought I had was your parents. I met your father in college and he invited me home. You were so silent when you were young. I am one of your 4.5 million followers. I'll keep visiting.)

"Glad to meet you Praveen. You are welcome anytime. I hope your research goes on well. We should definitely catch up"

"You have a wonderful singing style Sivaangi. Enakkaga kandipa oru paattu paadanum. Naa inga dhan iruppen atleast for another one- one and half years. Kandipa I would love to work with you" he said and Sivaangi nodded with an assuring smile.

(You have to collaborate with me for a project. I will be here for a year year and half atleast. Would love to work with you surely.)

"Paakka hero maari irukka, ana paattu dhan mukkiyam nu career ah choose pannirkka. Adhuvum classical music la vera interest nu solli research lam panra. We are really proud to have you as our student Praveen", Mrs. Krishna Kumar's face was beaming with pride.

(You look like a hero, but you focus on music and chose music as your career. You are also researching on classical music too.)

"Hero lam illa aunty. Average dhan. Namakku eppavume music dhan focus. Unga veetla dhan actor/singer- all in all entertainer ah oru aal irukkanga", he said looking at Sivaangi, bringing a smile on her face.

(Not a hero and all aunty. I am very average looking. I have and will always only focus on music only. You have an all-round entertainer in your house)

Praveen was almost 6 feet tall, with features that could have earned him the name of a 'chocolate boy' in the movie industry. Silky smooth hair, chiselled jaw line with a beard, well-built biceps and luminescent eyes- perfect in every way to be called a heart throb.

He had a long chat with Krishna Kumar's for a long time discussing about the good old days that he spent learning music from them. Mr and Mrs Krishna Kumar were very proud about their student taking up music as a career. Even as a young boy, they knew he had huge potential to make it big. He was hard working, dedicated and passionate about music- three main qualities that they expect from their student. When he left to US as a 11 year old boy, they were unsure if he would take up music seriously. Today, he was a budding musician.