Rowdy Baby Family

"Ashwin", he heard her voice as he walked to the parking area. He turned around to see her running towards him.

"Yen ivlo fast ah nadakkareenga. Naa evlo neram ah odi varradhu. Moochu vaangudhu", she said panting.

(Why do you walk so fast? I came running behind you. I am panting.)

"Yen ipdi odi vara. Enna aachu?" he asked rubbing her back. "Relax. Porumaiya sollu."

(Why are you running? What happened? Relax and tell me.)

"Yen angerndhu apdi vanteenga? Naa dhan sonnen la Praveen kitta I have plans with you nu. Neenga paattukku it's okay nu sollittu vanteenga?"

(Why did you leave the room like that? I told Praveen that I have plans with you. And you just walked away like that?)

"Ma, illa ma. Un friend nu sonna adhan. I thought you might be interested in going out with him rather than joining me to visit Pugazh", he reasoned with her.

(No Sivaangi. I just felt like you wanted to spend time with your friend)

"I want to meet Pugazh anna now. Koottittu poga mudiyuma illa naa thaniya pogava?" she asked in anger.

(Will you take me or should I go alone?)

"Yen ma kova padra. Vaa polam. Unna koottittu poga enniki no sollirkken", he replied.

(Why are you getting angry? Come let's go. When have I said no to you?)

She got into the car and slammed the door shut. She was angry with him for walking away like that when she was trying to convince Praveen about her plans with Ashwin. Why does he always do this to me? Does he not want to spend time with me? She thought. It's been such a long time since the Rowdy baby family had met and she was excited about the plan today, but her mood was off with his statement. She knew that Ashwin kumar's super power was to complicate the simplest of things but today his action evidently proved that he did not understand her feelings at all.

"Ipdi ummu ne vara poriya", he asked, breaking the silence. He turned on the music system and she had turned it off, making him realise that she was angry with him.

(Are you going to be silent for the rest of the journey?)

She didn't respond.

"Yen ma ipdi pesama vara? Bore adikkidhu. Yen kovama irukka?" he asked her.

(Why are you silent? I am bored. Why are you angry?)

"Ashwin, do you not understand that I was excited about the plan today? Ungaloda, Pugazh anna oda, Ramya anni oda ellarodayum time spend pannanum nu veetla persmission lam kettu excited ah irundhen. Neenga enna da na jolly ah carry on with your plans nu sollittu nikkama poitte irundheenga. Ennoda feelings puriyave puriyadha ungalukku?"

(I wanted to spend time to you, Pugazh anna, Ramya anni. I even asked for permission. I was excited. You carelessly asked me to carry on with my plans and walked away?)

"Sorry ma. Romba sorry. I really thought un friend oda poga aasa paduva nu", he apologised. "Naa venum na ice cream vaangi tharava?"

(Very sorry. I really thought you wanted to go out with your friend. Shall I buy ice cream for you?)

"Ice cream lam venam. Enakku ennoda annana pakkanum", she replied.

(I don't want ice cream. I want to meet Pugazh anna that's all.)

Ashwin knew that she was upset. In the three years that he had known her, not once has he witnessed her denying ice cream. He genuinely thought that she would be interested in going out for dinner with an old friend rather than spending time with him. The conversation between Praveen and Sivaangi did seem like he was a special person. He thought she would chose to spend an evening with her childhood friend, whom she met after ages than spending it with him or her brother whom she met frequently. He tried to lighten the mood by singing one of her favourite songs from his film, as she burst out laughing.