You are my Priority

It was 10 am in the morning and Sivaangi's day had just begun. She entered the music room in search of her mother, only to find Praveen sincerely engrossed in his singing practice. Praveen was blessed with a euphonious voice. He has certainly trained it well. He was trying to perfect a very difficult composition and Sivaangi certainly was impressed by his talent.

'Wow', she said when he turned around to see who it was.

"Sivaangi, what a pleasure to meet you", he greeted delightfully.

"You have an amazing voice. Very cultured voice. Neenga ivlo nalla paaduveenga nu nenachu paakkave illa", she complimented.

(I never thought you could sing so well.)

"Romba kashtamana paattu. I have been trying to perfect it for the last two hours. Unga amma kitta inniki kandipa correct ah paadren nu promise pannirkken. Pannama poga maatten", he said

(It's a difficult song. I won't leave until I perfect it.)

"Perfect ah dhan irukku. Amma ku neenga podra effort paathe impress aaiduvanga. Don't worry. She loves students who are sincere."

(It's perfect. My mom will be impressed with the effort you are putting in.)

"Thanks a lot Sivu. Un kitterndhu varra compliment means a lot to me. You are truly an amazing singer."

(Your compliments means a lot to me.)

"Neenga nenaikkara alavukku lam illa. Edho konjam paaduven. Unga alavukku sincerity lam illa."

(I am an average singer. Not to the extent of your compliments. I don't have the sincerity that you have also)

"What's with this neenga vaanga Sivu? Namma friends. Innuma nyabagam varala?" he questioned

(Why do you address me formally Sivu? We are friends. You still don't recollect?)

"Sorry Praveen. Konjam pudhusa irukku adhan still clinging on to neenga vaanga. Inime solla maatten. Don't worry", she smiled.

(It's new that's why I am still clinging on to formal way of addressing. I won't do that here after.)

"That's great. Unna pesa vekka enakku nalla theriyum. I've done it before. Pazhaya nyabagam lam fresh ah irukku Sivu. You were such a silent kid. Yaar kittayum perusa pesa maatta. I was one of your very few people you were comfortable with. You used to come home after school and we happily spent time together playing and talking. Evlo naal aachu apdi un kooda pesi. Ippo you are a chirpy girl. No one will believe me if I tell them you were a silent kid", he laughed as he reminisced their childhood.

(I know to make you talk. Our old memories are still fresh in my mind. You hardly spoke to anyone. It's been so long since we spoke. Now you are a chirpy girl.)

"Yes Praveen I remember. You were the only person I was comfortable with, apart from my family. Perusa pesa pudikkadhu. Yaaravudhu edhavudhu ketta, ketta kelvi ku badhil sollittu poiduven. Unnoda mattum dhan nalla pesuven, velayaduven. You were my best friend. Apparam you left to US and I felt so lost. And then life happened", she added.

(I never liked to talk. I would just give to the point replies when someone asks a question. You were the only person with whom I was comfortable with. Then you left to the US and I felt so lost.)

"It's not too late to recreate those days. Naama meet pannalam. How about today evening dinner at my place? Naa nalla samaippen. I have always helped my mom with cooking when she hosts dinner parties at my place. Ennoda music ah vida samayal ku dhan jaasthi paarattu varum. Unakku sapda pudikkum nu theriyum, I would love to host dinner at my place sometime. We can talk about those good old days. Eppo free nu sollu?" he asked.