Sword

The young Miner running on the cave had a sudden stop on what he saw. There was blood all over the place, his eyes widened as he saw the only standing in the middle of the place was the female knight he saw before. Running towards her he yells, "Hey are you okay-"

Once Eve saw the young miner running towards him she immediately shouts, "Get back! This isn't a safe place!" The young miner was taken aback with her rusty an deep womanly voice. The miner saw a tentacle charging on her side. "Look out!" The miner called out. Eve looking back to it's enemy, she parried with the hard tentacle charging from her right side. She was out of breath and felt the heat pressure inside her armor. Sweating like she had a rough training or a long war, she needed to take down the monster before she goes down. 

The monster appearance was quite the sight, a human-like body but faceless and has only two legs and feet, his skin was all black but his six tentacles had eyes all over them and a huge vertical mouth and human teeth are on it's chest reaching it's neck and belly.

While she kept the monster busy, the miner tried to look at the other knights checking if they're still alive. Everyone was dead except the one standing right infront of his face, the female knight. She roars and charged at the tentacle monster, but the other tentacles on it's back and arms just blocked her swing. She took a hit after her trial to hit the monster and flew far away. "Ack!-" She grits her teeth enduring the hit.  "Damn it..." Eve struggled and the monster screams.

'What the hell can I do at this situation!?' Eve thought for a moment while She stood up and readies for another attack. All the magic she knew was for attacking and a protection, none of them worked. Eve was panting non-stop and the monster has no time to give her any rest. When she was fighting the monster she noticed something.

Another charge from the screaming monster but she parried three tentacles and dashes through at the monsters side, she took a glance and tried to swing her sword, the monster suddenly was caught off guard and swept away from her. The sword swing missed but she saw a sword from his back, and his other two tentacles was blocking it off like it's not supposed to be touched. 

'Could it be his weak point?' Eve asked herself. It seems like Eve finally had an idea but there would be a risk. Her eyes went looking for someone, the young miner was focused on checking the guards but she had no choice and needed to risk his life or they'll be both dead.

"Kid! Listen!" her rusty deep voice reaches for the young miner. He ran towards her and asked "What is it!?"

"I think I got his weak point." She said, the monster screams and ready for another attack.

"Really!? What is it?" He asked.

"I don't have any time to explain but I need your help." She answered and grips both of her hands on the sword handle. The young miner nod, he understood she'll be dead if she had no help and he was probably next after her so he had no choice. 

"Alright! get a sword near us and I'm going cast a spell quickly. You are going distract and keep your presence high after the smoke of my fire. Go! Now!" She explained her plan and the young miner reacted as fast as he can. She grabbed her wand and the monster charges. "With the nature of fire who brings light on the darkness!" A sudden flash of wind swirls around her wand and ball of flame starts forming and a circle shapes around her feet. "Thou who will help us fight! Give me thy power!" She slowly points the wand to the monster and yells, "SEVER!"  The ball of flame flashes almost like a speed of light towards the monster and an explosion as soon as it touched the monster tentacles, it didn't do anything on it's tentacles but it could kill almost a half in an army without protection.

The young miner took a cover but Eve didn't stop casting a spell and runs through the smoke. She mumbled instead of roaring and casting a spell. After the explosion, the young miner stood up and faced the monster. The shroud of the smoke didn't disappear even after a few seconds, Eve might be doing something to keep it near the monster. 

"H-hey! Dumbass!" he yelled and points his sword taken from the knights. The monster heard and saw him. He was nervous but he trusted the woman. All he needed to do is keep calm but his body tells him the opposite. His rusty sword was shaking and he can't move another muscle from his legs. This was also the first time he faced a monster. 

The monster charges and screams at him, the young miner closes his eyes, steps back but falls down on the ground and lost his grip on the sword. "Fuck!" before he could get the sword a tentacle was already about to destroy his skull. 

A sudden wind and a high presence was felt from the monsters back, it was Eve stabbed the monster deeply on it's back. She takes it out and took another shot, the monster screams and struggles making eve flew far away and hits the ground knocking her out. The young miner took a step back and the monster drops on the ground. 

He took a rest for a few seconds, spent his time looking at it but suddenly it slowly starts moving. Eve was down and he was the only one conscious. he could hear the monster whimper but he didn't give it any time recovering itself. he grabbed the sword he dropped earlier and stood up. dropping his feet onto it's back and readies his sword. Stabbing deeply, there's now three sword on it's back and the monster screams. he took off away his hands on the handle and rest his body panting.

However a single stab isn't enough for the monster, he grabbed the sword again and says, "Go to sleep damn it." Another stab from its back happened. The monster finally stopped moving. "Finally..." before he could sit and rest, a headache hits the young miner's head.

...

He felt pain, sadness, despair and everything from what the monster was feeling. Sudden waves of memories went inside his head and what he saw was the monster memories. Miners running and...his father. A flash of tentacle hits his father and falls to the ground. "Father..." This moment was truly sadness for the young miner but the flood of memories didn't stop. He could see a black knight with a red cape impaling him with the sword he saw earlier, after that, it's a place where he can't even describe what was happening in front of him. A huge monster with it's titanic tentacles slowly moving. Before he could even notice, an eye sized like a star looked at him. 

"Hey..."  The image was disturbed and he came back to the reality. Eve was shaking him off while he was in daze. He noticed all the light from the magic ores disappeared and Eve was holding a lantern. Looking at his side he was grabbing the sword that was stuck in the monster earlier when it was still fighting with Eve.

"Are you okay?" Eve asked as she held out her hand to get him up from the ground.

"Yeah, I think so." he responded and reaches her hand. We could see the other knights on the ground floor, it was a depressing sight but we kept walking and go through the deep tunnel silently. It was awkward and it was cold, no one was saying a single thing, was it because of the cold? or is it because of shock on what happened?

The young miner wasn't talkative and in thought of what happened earlier when he saw that eye. It told him something but he forgot and kept trying to remember. The silence kept going and it was still a long way walk up. However Eve was curious and broke the silence.

"What's your name?" Eve asked looking at him.

He was surprised at the sudden question and smiles weakly. "It's Rafael. How about yours?" He answered. 

"Eve" Eve responded. Rafael nods but after that, it was another silence but she noticed something. 

"Why...are you still holding that sword?" Eve noticed he was holding the sword that was on that monster's back, could it even be called a sword? it has no sharp sides and it was all just bulky stones with a handle, it looked more like an artifact than a weapon. 

"Oh this?... I don't know." Rafael answers as he looks away. Eve could see he was confused, he looked like wasn't hiding anything or in Eve's mind, there isn't. After a few seconds they saw two knights at the side of the cave. they were also dead. Rafael didn't made it and he couldn't really do anything earlier, he didn't have anything to patch them up.

They kept walking in an unbreakable silence, after seeing that two knights it reminded them of what they saw in that place. Eve was calm and she knows how to handle her emotions, especially when losing an ally but she never thought of bad luck falling under their heads. She thought of how lucky she is to get out of that place alive.