The Miner

"The living shouldn't dream death be peaceful, Let peace lives in your death."

Father once said that. He was just a normal miner for the kingdom, keeping us alive with every clank of his pickaxe on every ore he finds. He was just a normal miner that was unlucky to be on an accident.

 A disaster no one knew would happen instantly.

Apparently my Father died on the Central mine, the cave near the kingdom. It's a popular and well known deep mine on this country. It's been used for many years that it was finally abandoned after the incident. The deeper you go the dangerous it becomes, especially how powerful magic is. No wonder why my dad died that day, of course the reason was magic but how? 

I am now standing to the entrance of the Central mine, this is where my companions and I started to mine for the past years. Researches and the Mages say after the past decade normal and magic ores would start appearing again. Like how this mining site was used over hundred of years leaving it alone and coming back to it. 

But we were told not to go any deeper than where everyone almost died, the accident. Hundreds of the pickaxes being hammered to ores and rocks would be heard everyday, this is my life as a Miner, Just a guy who uses a pickaxe and alone in a small house.

we were just a small family and I was the only child, now I'm stepping in my father's footsteps. 

"Hey kid, go take this cart up the surface."

While I was on my mind thinking of my Father, the older looking man in his 30-40's ordered me to take the cart and lift it up with the lever. I started doing his orders and do my own thing, These rails are powered by magic, I do not understand them but fortunately the so called 'Mages' or 'Sorceress'-something knows them. I didn't have the time to learn magic because I was always with my Father after Mother passed away. 

Pulling the lever down, the carts started to move on their own. Even if I don't know magic I atleast know how these work as a Miner, The magic ores we find in these cave are used on the rails by their energy. That's what the Researchers of the magic says, They write in to the papers with weird ingredients, They start to talk or what they call 'Casting', and then they'll put it on a device called 'Generator'. It generates energy and extracting from ores and how they work or move is written in the paper after that you just put in the magic ores and it works like magic.

Enough of that magic knowledge, I grab my pickaxe and start hammering the rocky wall to find some ores.