The Knight

"Ha!"

A shout from a husky voice of a woman swinging her sword to his opponent. Clanking sounds of the sword was flying around in the training barracks. Another swing was made from the Female Knight, she was strong that the men couldn't stand her hard swings of her sword. 

"As always Miss Eve, You don't wear any shield and you're aggressive." The opponent says as it was always expected. 

"I do not wear anything more than an armor and a sword, shield just give more weight when I move."

"I can see that, you do overwhelm every single of my companions by being aggressive."

"You should always expect me to be that way in every fight."

She formally stands and sheathe her sword  on her scabbard while the other young Knight turns away in defeat. She's one of the most skilled knight in this kingdom, she is assigned to a more skilled swordman called General Ethan, the leader of their team when war happens. Walking away from the training barracks, a man with a brown hat yells her name.

"Miss Eve! There you are!"

This grabs her attention and waited for him to walk up to her. She crosses her arms, "What is it?"

"Mr. Mercury wanted to give this to you." He grabs his bag and it seems it was full of papers, it looked like he was a messenger perhaps. He took out one of the letters and hands it over to Eve. After handing it over he gave his regards and said goodbye.

Opening the letter, It says:

"Miss Eve, I've assigned you to an expedition with your crew to start exploring the deep central cave. This is a sudden request but we need a person who understand magic while they can fight, the miners will guide you after you arrive. You will comeback afternoon and report back to me.

I got permission from Ethan and the King do not worry, you can ask them by yourself.

-Mercury" 

Eve, flips the note and puts it inside her pocket. It was still early in the morning so she started packing up for the expedition. A team of five was Eve's Decision, she was fine with that since they were skilled Knights. After a lots of minutes of packing, they were ready to go.

She hops on the horse grabbing the bag, wearing armor vest with her sword on. She looks at her back as she was making sure everyone was ready. Before she could start riding, a deep voice of a young man was heard.

"Eve, I see you're packing up for the exploration?" 

"Yes, Ethan. Why are you here? Aren't you supposed to be on the Guild?"

"Well we were also planning to start a raid on the new found bandits camp. It seems like everyday bandits get more bigger and bigger. But I got tired of it so I came here to sparring with the Knights." Ethan was just around his 20's but he had a voice of a 40 year old mature men. 

"I see, have fun, just don't go too hard on them." Eve smiles as she yells and made the horse on the move. Ethan watches them go on their way with a scratch on his head. 

In the other side of the castle...

"Hmm, with the king on our hands it'll be easier to control the  kingdom. But how can we go far?" A strange man wearing a long coat sits at top of the castle relaxing while he talks with his companion. 

"We can do whatever we want, all we have to worry about is the other generals and priest from the cathedral." A woman sitting on the window replies.

"Can't you just control them all?" He asked.

"I'm still regaining my mana after giving it all in on the king." She said taking a sip from her tea.

"I see." He sighs and goes inside the guest room from the window.

"We still have far to go, hope this monster is what we are really thinking of." He said taking a deep slumber on the bed.

"We'll have to wait for him I guess."  The woman with her wings flaps and replied.