C11: Homecoming

Frances' POV

"Oh, well. It looks fine, honey." My mom said when I came out wearing clothes that Jaydee brought me. It's not like me to wear this kind of clothes the combination is so random, I can't believe I've been wearing this for the last 4-5 years.

"I mean, we're just going home, so..." I replied.

"It's horrible..." Dad said without hesitation.

"Frances?" Oh it's the doctor. I turned to her and gave her a smile.

"I understand you're finally leaving us." She said while nodding.

"Yes, that's what they tell me." As a matter of fact. I wanted to wait for Jaydee but my parents were so persistent on leaving.

"So, no driving until I give you the say-so.

But other than that,
I'm gonna see you in four to six weeks.

All right?" Dr. De Leon said her reminders like she's talking to a kid.

" Thank you so much." We all thank her. She's the most gentle person I've encountered, well atleast that's what I remember.

" Thank you, Doctor, for everything." Mom
"Thank you, Doctor." Dad

" Okay. You ready? Let's go." Dad ask while he starts to carry my bag.

"Wait, hold on. I got a voice-mail.
It's from before the accident." We all look at the person panting at the door. I smiled at the sight of her tiredly looking at me. She looks like she doesn't sleep. Jaydee also look so worn out, did I cause this to you Jaydee?

" You said you wanted evidence. Okay, yeah. Well, let's have a listen." She continues to talk and look at me handing me out the phone. It has shattered screen.

"Hey, babe)'-

I'm sorry, I'm still at my studio.

I miss you so bad
my sculptures are starting to look like you.

So, what are you doing later?

I kind of need some Jaydee time,
if you know what I mean.

Yeah. Anyway, call me back.

Love you." The recording stop. It sounded like me. Was I that happy?

" I don't know, I guess in listening back to it,
it doesn't exactly prove anything." Jaydee said. She sounded like she's giving up on me. I don't know but somehow I feel pain.

" No, no, it's...

It's cute. I mean, I sound happy." I said out of nowhere. What's happening to me. I can't even remember her but somehow whenever I see her I'm calm.

"Okay, look. Think about it.

You quit law school,
you broke off your engagement

and you moved into the city.

Those were all choices that you made,
way before you even met me." She said sounding a bit hopeful again. Does this woman know how to give up?

" I think that you owe it to yourself

to honor those decisions,
at least for right now." once more those words Jaydee said I feel like thos were the right decision I should be making.

"This is a mistake, Frances ." Dad said with disappointment written all over his face.

"I promise that I will take care of her." Jaydee said to reassure my parents.