𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏

𝗢𝗯𝘀𝗲𝗿𝘃𝗲

𝗢𝗯𝘀𝗲𝗿𝘃𝗲

✣ ✣ ✣

𝐓𝐡𝐮𝐫𝐬𝐝𝐚𝐲 𝟏:𝟑𝟎 𝐩.𝐦.
𝐌𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐀. 𝐌𝐲𝐞𝐫𝐬 𝐓𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐒𝐨𝐜𝐜𝐞𝐫 𝐒𝐭𝐚𝐝𝐢𝐮𝐦

     ✯ "𝙍𝙐𝙉𝙉𝙀𝙍𝙎 𝙊𝙉 𝙔𝙊𝙐𝙍 𝙈𝘼𝙍𝙆!" You shook your head, long locs swinging from your ponytail; jumping up high as you brought your knees to your chest, hearing the four words you both dreaded and loved. Your e/c eyes bored their way into the lurid sky above; the overcast threatening to shower the stadium with rapid downpours. However, this brought your adrenaline rush to the next level. This, was your favorite type of weather. It reminded you of your peaceful childhood you longed for.

"Just finish," You thought to yourself as you lowered into the starting stance.

"Set."

Your soft lips gently grazed your rose quartz necklace hanging loosely around your chest as your head lowered down in your lane.

You tried to remain calm, yet your heart kept thumping fiercely, seeming to desperately want to escape through your throat.

The gun went off with a loud "pop" signaling the start to your race

✣✣✣

Relaxed, jade eyes were trained closely on the large screen in front of him as he slowly began coming off of his high. Why was he acting like this? He wasn't even interested in the sport about two months ago. His mind only traveled to the next photo shoot or class, or time to get high and abscond. Yet ever since his friends Jean and Connie pulled him outside to watch one of their other friends run, he couldn't seem to keep his attention off a certain runner, though he knew how to keep his attraction inconspicuous.  The way the sun shone on your smooth, brown, glistening skin kept him intrigued. Determination evident on your face in the beginning, and happiness in the end.  He licked his lips gently wetting them as his tongue ring accidentally clicked against his teeth.  Once again, he found himself watching another track meet.

"The woman of the hour, Y/N L/N from University of Texas is in lane 3 while her friendly competitor Mila Lenkōve is in lane 4.  Now Lee what do you think about L/N, a longhorn? How do you think she's gonna do today?"

"Well, let's look at her times. At only 20 years old she's already running Olympic level times. Her personal best in the 200m is the PR she just set, last week of 21.61 and her current 400m time is 50.04. Not too far from Allyson Felix's personal best of 49.26 back in 2008. How about that Lewis?"

As the commentators gave out endless compliments in your name, a snarky voice broke your secret admirer's thoughts.

"Well here's a sight I never thought I'd see," the mullet man teases as he folds his arm staring down the brunette on the couch.