Past 1: A Child?

A woman shrouded in mist walked upon the soil of a dimension to which she didn't belong. Not knowing or caring if she was in the future, the past or the present, or an alternate reality all together, she continued about her mission. She was to plant a Ten-Tails sapling into this unsuspecting world. She made a sacrifice of her lower ranking partner as she placed it in the soil. Over time, she watched it grow.

One night while the growing tree was left unattended, it was found by a mortal woman of that world. A shinobi. She carried with her a new born baby. Born earlier that very night. The red haired mother had been running, supposedly from enemies who would try to kill her, and her child. In an effort to save her daughter, she left her in the bows of the young tree and fled, hoping to return later once she'd drawn the enemy away. When the ethereal woman who planted the tree returned, it was to the scared cries of the child.

At first she thought to sacrifice it to the tree, however, the tree itself had other plans. It had the spirit and power of the ten-tails beast inside it, it felt the chakra the child already possessed. Knowing she'd be a suitable vessel, the tree protected the child from the woman who attempted to kill her. Sucking her into the tree itself, where she then had the young Ten-Tails spirit sealed inside of her.

The ethereal woman was now fascinated by the child. The tree had deemed her worthy of the ten-tails power, and willingly taken her as a vessel. The tree itself withered into ash, leaving the small child now peacefully sleeping in her bundle of blankets on a pile of soot. The woman picked the child up, and decided to take her to her family, so they could all decided what to do with her. She was far too powerful to kill now.

"You mean to tell us the Ten-Tails of the moon chose this pathetic little creature to house its spirit?"

"It doesn't feel pathetic. I can feel it's chakra from over here."

"She isn't pathetic at all, otherwise the ten-tails wouldn't of chosen her."

"Why didn't you sacrifice her straight away?"

"How isn't it dead? It must be strong."

"What shall we do with it?"

"Indeed, what is to be done with the child now?"

"You brought her here, you should take her and raise her."

"What are you talking about? None of us know how to raise children."

"Hundreds or even thousands of years of life and you don't know how to raise a child? Wow, you really are stupid."

"It's no different to a plant. You feed it, water it, give it time and attention and it'll grow."

"I know that! But all the other humans give their offspring an emotion they call love."

"This child isn't yours it doesn't need this so called love."

"Why can't I just give her to someone on Earth?"

"She'd be too powerful in a mortal's hands. She may even be able to kill one of us."

"Fine. I'll raise her on Earth then. But you're coming with me." The woman insisted to a male in the room who didn't look too different from herself. Pale, light eyes, light hair, and a seemingly ethereal or celestial aura about them.

"But, just as reassurance..." one of the females spoke, pulling up her sleeve, slicing her arm, and extracting some of her blood. "We shall give her some of our DNA. The combined abilities of our DNA and the powers of the Ten-Tails, she will be a goddess walking on Earth." The woman spoke as she infused her glowing blood with the child. The liquid seeming seeping into her little body. The DNA of the woman blending with her own. The pair that agreed to raise her took up residence in an old abandoned shrine, it was in neutral territory, so the land wasn't owned by any nation.