Chapter 4: Just a Visit

A/n: This chapter has a lemon in it so beware.

Over the course of the next few days, Iruka and I treated Naruto. I was excited to finally share the news of Naruto's graduation with Kakashi! I also caught up with Sasuke and congratulated him on graduating. He asked me to finally teach him how to execute the fireball jutsu, so I did. It was typically a jutsu kept between Uchiha clan members only. However I had learned from Itachi as Fugaku told him to, saying that eventually I was going to be part of the family anyway so I may as well learn it. I taught Sasuke of course and as usual, just like Naruto, he didn't give up until he had gotten it right.

Caw! Tap tap! Caw!

I looked to the window and saw the very familiar crow. I locked my bedroom door and opened the window allowing the crow inside along with a gust of  warm midday air. It immediately perched itself on my shoulder and I stroked its chin as I reached under the back of its right wing and unclipped the message capsule. Giving the crow some sunflower seeds, it perched itself on the edge of my desk, taking a small rest as I opened the capsule and read the message inside.

"Tonight at midnight. Cabin."

I smiled to myself knowing exactly who it was from. I took my rubber and rubbed out the message on the paper, before I wrote on it myself. It was something Itachi and I had decided on. No keeping of letters or messages after he had joined the Akatsuki. That way, if anyone found out I was still in contact with him, evidence against me was extremely limited.

Third Person

The Third Hokage knew of their relationship continuing despite Itachi being branded as a criminal. The Lord Third had admittedly felt guilty about the young pair being separated. Both deserved so much better as they were both selfless and extraordinary individuals and lost so much already despite their young age. But he knew others outside who didn't know about what really happened, wouldn't understand. He hoped that he'd live to see the day when Itachi could return to the village and be heralded as a hero rather than a cold blooded murderer.

The crow flew, carrying (Y/n)'s message to her lover. Itachi had almost reached the immediate area around village. He was travelling alone, which wasn't exactly normal given he had a partner, but it wasn't unusual either as he had a tendency to go off on his own and do solo missions for the Akatsuki. The crow landed on Itachi's outstretched arm. Carefully taking the capsule and opening it, he read the message before erasing it with a smirk.

"Don't keep me waiting."

That evening, (Y/n) told Naruto she had to head out. This wasn't odd. She often had to do late night missions, patrols or errands at night or in the early hours of the morning. He grumbled in understanding before he went back to sleep. She was dressed in her usual attire she'd wear on a mission. A short black body suit with short sleeves, elbow length black fingerless gloves, chest protector, and traditional ninja sandals but black. Tied around the top of her hips was her weapons pouch and her old ANBU mask. Attached to the back of her chest protector was her pair of wakizashis. In truth, they were Itachi's. She'd broken hers on a mission not long after he left ANBU. She got too emotional during a battle, and her chakra got so out of control the blades couldn't channel it anymore. They shattered and the pieces melted.

As soon as (Y/n) locked the front door to the apartment, she used the flying thunder god technique to teleport to the secret cabin that herself and Itachi used for their meetings. She had stowed away one of her modified kunai under the floor boards in a compartment she had installed. It kept emergency supplies should she, Naruto or Sasuke need to make a run for it. After taking on big missions again and travelling more, (Y/n) set up safe houses all over the continent in secluded neutral zones, just like this one.