Chapter 1.

As I opened my eyes I realised two things instantly. Number 1: I was standing on the windowsill. Number 2: My older brother was standing in the door yelling my name and pleading me to stop. My head turned around to the gaping abyss that was in front of me. My eyes became watery, while my hands felt for the inside. I could sense my brother approaching. His hands closed so suddenly around my waist and pulled me back inside, that I gasped.

"You scared the hell outta me"

His face was so close to mine that I could see the little freckles that were hiding on his nose.

"Elia, if you have any problems, you know that you can talk to me..."

His voice was calm, but his eyes were still widened in shock.

"I didn't want to kill myself, Ben. I don't know how I happened to be on that windowsill, when you came into my room... I must have been sleepwalking."

"Elia!!! Ben!! What happened???"

Our mum had finally woken up and was now standing in my room, the earplugs she was normally wearing overnight crushed in her right hand. Ben managed to put a smile on his face.

"It's all good mum. Elia just had a nightmare and was yelling when I came into the room. I couldn't wake her up, so I started yelling as well."

Another cute, excusing smile. I just nodded.
My mum had to deal with a lot recently and we didn't want to stress her any
more, especially because it all had turned out well in the end.

"Ok..."

A weak sight escaped her lips. She came over to me and gave me a kiss on my forehead.

"If you want to sleep in my bed for tonight, darling, there will definitely be enough space for you"

I twisted free from Bens' grip and gave her a hug.

"I'll be alright. You just go to sleep. I know that you have to get up early tomorrow."

She gave me another kiss, then turned around and left the room. I turned around, facing my brother.

"I'm..."

"No, Ben, you're not going to stay here tonight. You'll go back to your bed and I'll see you in exactly..."

A quick look at the alarm clock on my bed table.

"...Three hours, for breakfast"

His eyes were full of protest when I started shoving him out of my room and closed the door behind him. Before I went back to bed, I locked the window and closed the curtains.
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
And I was right. Exactly three hours later I was woken up by the annoying sound of my blue alarm clock.
I failed four times to turn it off. At the fifth try I managed to sweep the clock off the bed table and onto my glasses, which were still laying on the carpet. I heard a crack and the beeping die down. A second look revealed that my glasses were broken. I couldn't stop myself from swearing. That was just my typical luck. And I had no contacts left.
Another 30 minutes later I was standing in the kitchen, trying really hard to pour the cereals into the bowl, not next to it. Ben ran past the room, his mouth packed with a donut.

"Cya laer, 'is"

"Bye"

The milk swapped over the edge of my bowl and onto the ground. This promised to become a good day...
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
While my brother preferred to catch the bus to our school, I rather walked. It was shorter and I didn't have to deal with all the excited and loud voices in the morning. Just my music, the nature and I.
The walk to school went across a highway, then five minutes through a forest and another five over an open field. I loved to wander through the forest, especially in the morning, when the sun was still rising and the trees smelled fresh and wet. Today the highway was close to untravelled. I had crossed half of the street, when a blue Ford Fiesta appeared out of nowhere. I stepped back onto the medial strip waiting for the car to go by, but that didn't happen.
The Ford suddenly changed directions, driving towards me, holding on to the spot where I was standing now and I couldn't move. The driver was waving his arms at me, yelling, his face contorted into a mask of terror. And still, I couldn't move, was frozen, just staring at the car.
_________________________
Hey everyone, thanks for bearing me and my story. I really hope you enjoyed this chapter! if yes please vote ^.^ thanks! I'll try to update more often // Picture at the beginning of the chapter: Elia Blackbourn