Prologue

They were on the roof. The fat man on the edge of the high-rise building hadn't noticed the tall boy in the suit, standing behind him yet. The fat ones arms were spread out, his hands clenched into fists. He's muttering something under his breath the other one couldn't quite catch, but guess. The tall boy opened his little, black notebook to check the fatties name and facts.

WILLIAM WATERLOO, 24 YEARS YOUNG. WAS DUMPED BY HIS GIRLFRIEND THIS MORNING, LOST HIS JOB LAST WEEK AND DROPED OUT OF UNI. HAS NOW A DEATH WISH.

About time that he talked to this poor feller. His suit wrinkled in all the wrong places while he made his way up to Will. His long black shoes loomed over the stone as he came to a halt next to the poor man , who was about to end his life. Williams eyes were closed, which was easily observed, his upper body leaning forward, the lower part backwards, as if he wasn't ready to jump. The suited one seemed relieved. Maybe his job would be easier than he had thought.

He had to clear his throat twice before William Waterloo turned around, a look of disbelief on his face.

"What the heck..."

He was stopped in mid sentence, his body being dragged backwards by the collar of his vomit green T-Shirt. No objection was heard, Will let himself fall on his big ass, his eyes wide with irritation.
The boy glanced a last time over the edge of the roof, seeing no one waiting on the ground, no family members, no neighbours and definitely no ambulance to save someone. No wonder this man had thought about suicide.

When he turned around William still sat on his bum, eyeing him cautiously.

"I don't know you"

Will's ryes became watery, his voice broke.
"And you can't stop me from jumping!"

The suited one suddenly had a headache and couldn't stop himself from rolling his eyes.

"Well you're not gonna jump today. You'll go back to your room, have a nice long sleep and then, when you wake up, you'll order pizza"

He was tired, so tired. Meanwhile Will was fighting with himself. Finally he produced a sentence, that tripped over his fat lips.

"Who the hell are you to tell me what to do?!"

With a big step the boy was in front of him.

"I'm the death, dumbass"

Will's eyes widened in anxiety, then he fainted with a grunting noise.

______
Hey guys, that will be one of the few times I'm writing something at the end of a chapter.
I hope you enjoy my story. I'll try to update as often as I can. I also apologise for my English, including all the mistakes I make. It's just that English isn't my mother language.
Thanks for reading!