∞︎︎III 𝗅𝗂𝖻𝖾𝗋𝖺𝗍𝗂𝗈𝗇

It felt like forever until Wednesday came.

I hadn't had another outburst for the rest of the week, which was extremely unusual for me. I rattled my brain a million times for a reason why, but all I could conclude was that this week I had Loki.

Me and Loki spent the time planning our escape. When we weren't scheming, we chatted about trivial things, sometimes personal things. I felt free whenever I talked to Loki. I think it was because I knew he was a criminal, a bad person. And I didn't care what bad people thought of me. Whenever I talked to a bad person, I could tell that person absolutely anything.

Jake came to see me Wednesday, thankfully. Whenever the green buzzer flashed, I looked to Loki. He nodded once. I took a deep breath, and made my way into the small visitation room.

Jake smiled sweetly at me.

"Hey," he said, still smiling.

"Hey."

He sat down against the glass, but I didn't want to sit down. I turned and glanced at Loki. He looked impatient.

I turned back to Jake. "Listen, Jake, I've got something to ask you–"

"How's it been with Loki? He giving you any trouble?"

"No, Jake, I–"

"Good. I'll have to speak to Tony again about moving him–"

"That really won't be necessary–"

"And I heard that you had a good report this week–"

"Jake!" I shouted. Then I lowered my voice. "Listen to me."

His big doe eyes turned curious. He stood, and placed his hands in his pockets. "Okay."

I took a deep breath in, then out. Looked him dead in the eye and tried my best to look innocent and sincere. "I need you to let me out."

He raised his eyebrows, but said nothing.

"Look, I know it sounds insane, but this is what's best for me...If you love me at all, you'll do this for me, Jake. Please."

He started to shake his head. "No. I mean...no. No, Charity, I can't–"

"Oh, please Jake! I-I'm going crazy! I'm going crazy in here and I need you to let me out, even if for just an hour. Please." I clasped my hands together in front of me, and considered letting a few tears run down my face.

He looked utterly frightened. As if I was asking him permission to kill someone.

He started to back up. "I'm sorry, I just can't."

And then he was gone.

I stood there, gaping at the automatic door that had opened and closed so fast. He actually left...wow.

I turned back to Loki, helplessness in my voice. "What-what do I do?"

He was angry. Understandable. So was I.

An hour or two later, after Loki had had time to shout and grumble and throw things, my green buzzer flashed again. I sighed.