∞︎︎V 𝗌𝖾𝗋𝖾𝗇𝗂𝗍𝗒

Loki was wasted.

So, you can imagine how hard it was for me to grasp his attention and get him out of there. People were starting to stare, and I knew I only had a matter of minutes before the cops showed up. Or worse, the Avengers. I squirmed at the thought.

My heart rate, I'm sure, was through the roof. So running across the dance floor, gripping him as hard as I could, and telling him what the hell was going on took literally all of my breath away. I was definitely close to a heart attack.

Loki barely understood, but I grabbed him and escorted him out of there. We made a beeline for the woods.

Anxiously looking around at all of the prying eyes, I wished for a vehicle. "Travel on foot, you said," I huffed. "It will be much less conspicuous. God, does this look inconspicuous to you?"

Loki was doing well to walk. He dragged his feet, and leaned heavily on me as I tried my hardest to make for the wood. He was too heavy, and I knew I couldn't support him much further.

A panic attack started to rattle through my chest. Almost to the haven of the forest, I threw Loki from me. He stumbled about, but thankfully never fell down. I wasn't sure he would be able to get back up.

I hardly noticed whenever hot tears started falling from my eyes, or whenever they clouded my vision. And then I couldn't see at all. I fought hard to remain breathing, my chest heaving. Perhaps I was in the middle of an asthma attack.

All I could think about was the image of my face, on CNN. So I'd been kidnapped; that was news to me. And then everything else meshed together at once. I started to lose my mind at the reality of my situation. I saw my father's stricken face as I drove away from him, and I took a step backwards. I saw Jake, and the fiery tears burned a track down my cheeks. I couldn't believe I was on the run, in Maine, with a killer–

Someone screamed.

It was me.

And then a power surge struck my body, and I felt myself contort. I was so tired of not being able to control myself. I was so tired of blacking out, then waking up later not knowing where I was or what I'd done.

Screams ripped from my lungs, and I couldn't make them stop. Another thing I couldn't control.

I was cold, but not really. I could feel my arms reaching out, but I didn't know why. My body had a mind of its own. My head was killing me, pounding in my eardrums so that the only sound I could hear was my own terrifying heartbeat.

I screamed once more, and then was very still.

I could feel again. My arms were reached out, holding onto something very sturdy. A tree, maybe.

I blinked a couple times, and found two green pools.

So Loki was sober enough to stand. Sober enough to at least partly know what was going on. I was standing rigid, my arms locked tightly with his. He had a certain urgency about him, and I was crying.

"Very well," he spoke, breathless. "That was much shorter than the others I've witnessed."

His eyes flicked up above my head, and I knew he was looking at my hair. Watching a single piece slowly turn dove white.