𝙎𝙖𝙚𝙗𝙤𝙢 𝙃𝙞𝙜𝙝

--- THE WHOLE OF THE PREVIOUS NIGHT WAS, THUS, SPENT IN A SIMILAR MANNER- WITH THE COUSINS GETTING COMFORTABLE AROUND EACH OTHER AND BANTERING PLAYFULLY. Just like old times.

Even though they spent more than two hours teasing and playfully bantering with each other, nothing serious was ever brought up in their conversations, which the younger was very grateful for. Rigel knew from experience that it was his cousin giving him some space, knew that his cousin would never force him to reveal anything unless Rigel himself was ready and willing to do so. That was one of the main characteristics of Hyungwon's that Rigel liked, bested only by his cousin's brilliant cooking skills.

His Wonie hyung was one of the most understanding people around and Rigel couldn't think of any other person he would've liked to stay with right now, given his situation and all. He knew his cousin was a very, very curious person- especially if it comes to his loved ones- and also strongly wanted to know about the circumstances of his abrupt arrival in South Korea. In fact, Rigel also had his suspicions on the elder knowing at least something about his... situation, but the younger was sure that at least his cousin won't force him to spill his guts about it. What a relief.

At least now he could thank his dearest brother for being sympathetic enough to let him stay with their very understanding cousin and not some of their other nosy relatives. Probably because his lovely older brother pitied him, Rigel thought bitterly.

So, yes, the past twenty four hours have been nothing like how Rigel has visioned his stay in South Korea would be like, save for the terrible nightmares that he had to suffer from that night. In fact, his cousin's bright and comforting aura nearly made him forget about his... issues. Keyword being nearly. Almost. But not entirely. Never entirely.

Seeing his cousin being so carefree and bright brought back memories of Rigel's own childhood- a time when his father and grandparents were still alive, when Rigel himself was still a naive and hopelessly optimistic child who was dead set on seeing the good in anything and everything, and, most importantly, a time when he was still yet to completely understand the negativity he was surrounded by. And at those thoughts, Rigel could feel his walls rising. He could feel the hollowness returning back with full force as his mind strayed away. As they say, happy memories are the ones which hurts the most. For they show us of the better times that we can never go back to, for they show us how happy we used to be and how we can never go back to enjoying that same lightness, that same happiness again. The happy memories always scared Rigel the most, tormenting him most mercilessly.

Haunting Rigel's every living moment.

But, that was what happened yesterday. It was already morning now and Rigel was once more back to pretending to be alright and happy again, as he dressed himself in the scarlet uniform of Saebom High. Finished with getting ready for the day, Rigel let out a disgruntled sigh at the sight of his black school-bag, mildly worried about his first day at the public school- whose name he now knew was Saebom High- as his mind flashed through the memories of his first day at Brearly. Mood souring exponentially, the silver-haired male quickly shouldered his black school bag and made his way outside the modern and aesthetically themed room which he was assigned to stay in by his cousin. It was quite cozy, to be honest. Except the giant chandelier like LEDs that is. Ah, the habits of the vieux riche really does die hard, he mused.