Chapter One Not Human

My name is Sam... and my family is a little different. Our grandma passed away and that's when everything changed. My brothers and I were basically forced to move to Dad's old town of Smallville in the middle of nowhere.
Everyone was really worried about Jordan because of his problems.... They were so occupied with him, they didn't notice the changes in me.
We had moved into the new house and got everything set up right. We all had our own rooms. I was in my room setting some things on my bookshelf when I felt strange. My eyes started to burn like I got something stuck inside. At first I thought it was just allergies from this old house, but I was so wrong. I couldn't control it as my eyes shot light out of them and set my bookshelf on fire. I of course screamed and my brothers and Mom came running. They were confused until they saw the fire.
"Everybody out!" Mom yelled as she ushered us away. Jordan and Jonathan tugged on me as we went downstairs.
"What happened Sam? How did you even start a fire?" Jonathan asked.
"I uh, don't know. Guess I knocked a candle over," I fibbed as they stared at me.  The fire alarms were going off as Dad suddenly came in through the front door.
"What happened?" He asked as he stormed in.
"Sam started a fire!" Jordan blurted out.
"I didn't mean to! This house is old," I tried as my father stared me down.
"I'm going to help your Mom. Nobody leave," he ordered as he grabbed a fire extinguisher.
"Did you really light a candle?" Jonathan asked. I didn't know what to say. If I said the truth, they wouldn't believe me.
"Yeah, I had a candle mom gave me my last birthday. It was lavender," I said.
"Maybe don't set it on an old bookcase next time," Jonathan retorted. They were only two years older than me, but acted like they were so much more mature.
"Yeah I'll keep that in mind."
Clark
I went to Sam's room. A fire had started so I used the fire extinguisher. Lois looked at me.
"What happened?" I asked as I came closer.
"I'm not sure... Sam started a fire." I frowned.
"That isn't like her." I inspected the bookshelf.
"You don't think she has powers do you?" Lois asked.
"I don't know... she's only fourteen."
"We need to talk to her," she said.
"And ask her how? Oh hey Sam, did your eyes suddenly start a fire? It's okay because your dad is actually Superman," I retorted.
"How else do we ask her?" She spat back.
"I don't know! Is there even a candle up here?" I said as Lois looked.
"No. Nothing here could have started it and I highly doubt she's suddenly taking up smoking." I sighed.
"I'm not ready to tell them all."
"Clark, maybe it's time to."
"I could put them all in danger Lois! They're safe right now!"
Sam
We heard shouting as I assumed they put the fire out.
"I'm definitely grounded," I sighed.
"Just as well. There's nothing to do here," Jonathan said as I silently agreed. I started to feel weird again. My eyes hurt really bad As I put a hand to my head. My brothers looked at me.
"Sam what's wrong?" Jordan asked.
"I don't feel good," I said as I rubbed my eyes. Jonathan yelled at Mom and Dad.
"No don't," I said as I couldn't take the pain. I covered my eyes with my hands as it felt like I had a migraine.
I heard them rushing down the stairs and Dad put his hand on my shoulder.
"Sam, what's wrong?" He asked me.
"My head... my eyes hurt," I said through the pain.
"Clark you need to take her," I heard mom say.
"Take me?" I gasped.
"What's going on?" Jordan shouted. I felt my dad grab my shoulders and led me outside.
"Sam, I need you to look at me!" He said. I opened my eyes as all I saw was red. I then felt him pick me up and it felt like we were flying. I must have passed out because none of this made sense. The flying stopped as I was freezing.
"What is this place?" I said. It looked like a frozen ice castle. Dad then looked at me in a way he never had before.
"This is the fortress of solitude... I'm not human.." he started to explain.
"What? But you're my dad!" I shouted as the pain was back.
"Yes Sam, I'm your dad, but I'm not from Earth. I'm from the planet Krypton and we have superpowers... I'm Superman," he revealed.
"That's insane!"
"But it's true... and it appears you have inherited some of my powers," he said as he levitated off the ground.
"Powers? Like magic?"
"Not exactly magic," he laughed.
"How do I stop this?" I said as my eyes burned. He then became serious again and came up to me. He put his hands on my shoulders.
"You have to concentrate Sam. Turn it off in your mind like a light switch."
"It's not that simple," I said.
"No, but you're going to have to trust me," he said.
"Okay," I replied as I shut my eyes. I tried so hard to not focus on it. Sometime later, the pain and light faded as I collapsed. He caught me and held me right.
"I'm so proud of you Sam," he said.

Note 8/4/21 : I know it's a bit long for a first chapter, but I had to explain a few things. The storyline will mostly follow the tv show, but I will probably end up changing a few things for my character Sam to be included.