Chapter Five

I had history by myself. I didn't know anybody in the class, but there was a boy that kept glancing at me. First I thought it was because I was the new kid, but then he started blushing when I caught him in the act. The bell finally rang as I put my stuff away. He came up to my desk.
"Hey," he said as I fumbled with my book and notes. He picked up my book that fell and gave it to me.
"Thanks," I muttered as I shoved it into my bag.
"Your Sam Kent right?" He asked as I nodded my head.
"I'm Alex. Alex Jones," he said.
"Nice to meet you," I said as I put my backpack on.
"So I was wondering if you're going to that bonfire later? Maybe I can see you then?" He asked as I stopped. No one had asked me out before.
"I might go." He grinned.
"Well, you should go. Then I can get to know you better," he smiled as I blushed.
"Okay. Maybe I'll see you later," I said as we walked out together.
"Great! What class you have next?" He asked as I looked at my schedule.
"English." He grinned.
"Me too! I'll show you where it is," he said. I smiled before I saw Jonathan in the hallway. Now he would tell on me later for talking to a boy... he saw us and waved.
"Hey sis. Got a boyfriend already?" He teased as I blushed.
"No. We're just walking to class together... this is Alex. And this is my brother Jonathan," I said to Alex. They shook hands.
"Aren't you one of the twins?" Alex asked him.
"Yeah. Jordan is my twin."
"Well we better go before the bell rings," I said.
"Okay, see you later Sam," Jonathan said.
English went by pretty quick since Alex was apparently my new friend. Except after English I had math and he didn't so I had to say goodbye for now. He asked for my number before I left the class and I gave it to him. At least the twins didn't see that...

Note 7/19/22: So sorry for being so behind, but I haven't had a lot of inspiration lately, or time with a new kitten. She is very demanding!