Small Bump (pt3)

Josie awakes to an indistinct voice talking quietly next to her, only to realise its Ethan talking to the baby. She doesn't say anything, not wanting to interrupt their private conversation.
"I love you so much, I hope you know that. I can't wait to meet you, I just know you're going to as beautiful as your mommy, maybe even more if that's possible. I don't know how good I'll be at being a father but I hope to be, I want to be the best I can for you. You won't grow up as I did, I promise.
Ethan leans forward and places a gentle kiss on her now large bump. He glances towards Josie and notices her looking at him.
"Sorry, I didn't realise you were awake" he says, slightly embarrassed that he heard her.
"Are you really that scared about this?"
He sits up so he's now sat next to her, looking into her eyes. "Honestly, I'm terrified. My mother left and my father was working so much just to keep a roof over our heads that he was barely around so I know nothing about having a parent, let alone be one myself. I know that I'm not my mother, I know I'm not going to leave, I know that." He looks away from her, not able to look her in the eye "But you're due in two weeks and I'm just scared I'm not going to be enough for you both" he whispers, almost embarrassed and afraid to admit it.
"Ethan" she runs her hands through his hair, in attempt to calm him. "You'll be an amazing father. You already are and the baby isn't even born yet."
She takes his hand and places it on her abdomen, the baby immediately kicking against his hand. "See, they love you already."
Ethan smiles at her, grateful. "I'm terrified too, Ethan. This is terrifying but I have faith in you." She takes his other hand and places a gentle kiss on it. "I have faith in us"