Chapter 2

It did not take you long to reach the three broomsticks and enter, finding the table and sitting. The air was cold and you relaxed into the warmth of the pub, undoing your coat and placing it next to you. Severus was not here yet so you ordered a warm brandy to settle and wait for the appearance of the dark-haired man.

There were not many people in the pub, it was quiet and you relaxed for the first time in a while, work was becoming stressful with the rise of Voldermort again and things were just going to get worse. You closed your eyes for a moment and just let the information that you had been told wash over you, why were you chosen to be the barrier of the information and to work for Albus after his death? You did not even have a choice in the matter.

You opened your eyes to see Severus. He seemed to have also been caught in the cold as his nose and cheeks were a little red. You smiled, half of you bet that you wouldn't even turn up.

"Hello Severus" you said, taking a sip of the drink. Severus only turned up his nose as a drink was placed in front of him, a firewhiskey. "I am sorry" you said. Severus raised his eyebrows as he took the glass in his hand and sipped it. "Everything I did in school, I didn't mean it and I am sorry.

Severus scoffed. "I do not believe it" Severus stated flatly.

You sighed, looking away. "Why?" you asked.

"It was what Remus said before inviting a convicted felon to Hogwarts and then attacked me" Severus said with disdain.

"I am not planning to invite Sirius to attack you" you said. "and I am not like Remus either"

"Yet you watched and taunted" Severus said. 

"I was a teen"

"and so was I" Severus spat. "and for that, I will never forgive you"

Your heart fell and you scoffed. "Fine. Then I do not forgive you then for calling Lily a mudblood, joining a pure-blood cult and killing people" you snapped back

It was Severus' turn to be taken aback but he did not show it on his face, just a flash in his eyes, a flash of anger. "You pushed me into it" was his only words, he threw down the money for the fire whiskey on the table and left the bar.

You sat in silence, the whole bar had gone quiet as your argument had got to a point where it was loud enough for people to hear. You put your head into your hands and closed your eyes. You should have stayed calm, now your relationship with Severus was even worse. You downed and drank and placed the money on the table before leaving yourself, not wishing to spend another minute in the bar with other's eyes on you.

You returned home which was in the centre of London and laid on the bed. You regretted everything, from bullying Severus as a child to getting angry and snapping back at him at the bar even though he started it. "It is the job of an auror to keep cool" you muttered to yourself. You knew the only way to start again with Severus is by showing that you could be trusted and had changed, in some ways you did not want to, however, your heart disagreed, you had always loved him and just wanted him to forgive you.