Chapter 9

reminisce;
CHAPTER NINE.
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

RUKAWA TRIED to remember the first time he encountered the girl. It was true, that the first one that comes to his mind is the incident in the park, where she handed him and a bandaid and even lend him her umbrella. But because of that, it only got her mad at him, because he threw it the next three days he couldn't find her.

From the corner of the basketball gym- he continuously stared at her. She is currently talking to Ayako about the team-up, while the others are busy changing into their jerseys. He dozed off and stared at her while fixing his armband. This game- was indeed planned out. Because she revealed jersey uniforms, that have 'team A' and 'team B' separated and printed on it.

While dozing off, he was sure, that they encounter in the park isn't the first time he saw her. After all, they're in the same school and even the same year. He should've remembered something since she's the council president and that. But he realized, that he doesn't really put interest in other things aside from basketball, that he's been missing out on a lot of things.

TEAM A
SMALL FORWARD - Rukawa Kaede
SMALL FORWARD - Akira Sendoh
CENTER - Akagi Takenori
POINT GUARD - Shinichiro Maki
POINT GUARD - Fujima Kenji

TEAM B
SMALL FORWARD - Nobunaga Kiyota
POINT GUARD - Miyagi Ryota
CENTER - Uozumi Jun
CENTER - Sakuragi Hanamichi
SHOOTING GUARD - Hisashi Mitsui

"WHY THE HELL I AM IN THE SAME TEAM WITH THIS MONKEY!?" The furious, red-haired immediately exclaimed after seeing Ayako listed down the names of the members that each team have. Seeing Rukawa on the opposite team is good, but being on the same team with Nobunaga Kiyota? No good.

It was the same complaint she heard from Rukawa. "Why am I on the same team with him?" But his question was rather calmer than Sakuragi. He asked that while pointing to the smug ravenette beside him.

"I don't know, why'd he hate me that much." Sendoh just chuckled.

Tired from all the sudden happenings- she took a deep breath and sighed.

"The team-ups, Ayako-san and I came up with is an experiment of how the dynamics in the team would be. Of course, don't expect to have the same teammate- except for Miyagi-san and Mitsui-senpai there." She pointed the two, Miyagi and Mitsui smirked giving each other a high five.

"But it doesn't make sense!" The red-haired complained once again.

"Why does it seems like we're at disadvantage?" Mitsui complained.

Behind her is Kaito, who looked at Sakuragi with his amber eyes filled with irritation.

"Everything she says, makes sense." He all of a sudden said, in unison, she smiled. There was a brief silence for a second.

"Who is he? I don't like him." Sendoh whispered beside Rukawa, only to be ignored by the stoic ravenette.

Sakuragi who knew Kaito and his intentions with the club all this time became pissed. "Are you looking for a fight!?" He had exclaimed once again, Kaito only smiled at him- which is not that genuine to be seen.

She can feel the tension rise, a good thing Akagi was there to tame the red-haired down. He whispered something in Sakuragi's ear that made him threw his tantrums in silence.