Three.

[FLORENCE'S POV]

The door of the crowed room sprung open. I walked out of this dreadful class, clinging to my books as I let out an exhausted sigh. That was when I spotted them, chuckling softly as they walked through the sea of students. I smiled to myself, advancing to my friends as I threw my arms around their shoulders, squeezing my body between theirs.

"Hi, my sweet Flo!" Said Odessa, wrapping one of her arm around my shoulder, hugging me back.

"Merlin, why are you guys so happy right now ?" I wondered, bumping my shoulder into hers in a friendly way.

"We skipped our potion lesson!" Exclaimed Vesper, giving me a cheeky grin.

"Ugh, I had survive a DADA evaluation. You're so lucky..." I responded, groaning as I threw my head back in an exaggerated manner.

"Don't worry, next time, we'll skip a class that we all share." The boy advanced, his lips forming a soft smile, attempting to make me feel better.

"Who said, we would ever skip again ? I'm trying to be a good student !" The brown-skinned girl announced, giving a look to the boy. She tried to remain serious, but her face gave in, breaking into a slight smile. Vesper only chuckled, shaking his head to myself. I joined him, also knowing that the girl before me was lying. We kept walking, heading towards the dinner hall, hoping that a good meal would fill our stomachs. The lunch hour unwound quite ordinary. Hours passed by and everything was usual until a hand grabbed mine. I spun around to meet azure irises.

Marlene! My Marlene. Okay, to be completely honest... we weren't a couple. The blonde and I snogged a few times at parties. She was usually drunk when it happened. Sober, she acted like we were friends, inviting me to places and shooting at me her disengaged smile. However, the girl was there, hand in mine and I could forget about it all.

"Hey, Florence! There's a party at the Gryffindor common room tonight, and I wondered if you wanted to come. You can also bring your friends." Marlene said, looking at me with a confident look. An indifferent look.

"I'll have to check with my friends, but I'm pretty sure we'll come. Thanks for inviting me." I answered, trying to calm my heartbeat down. I failed, and a deep blush painted my cheeks.

"Good, I'll probably see you tonight then, bye." She affirmed, slipping her hand out of mine. Before I even had the time to reply with a quick "See you later!", the blonde was out of my sight. I blinked my eyes repetitively, trying to gain some sense back. Marlene wanted to party with me and I could not deny her. I walked nervously, my feet hitting the wooden floor.  I needed to find them and force them to come with me. My eyes suspended their motions as I located my friends. I started to meet them, already preparing to open my mouth to blur out all I had to say. As I finished rambling, they simply looked at me with wide eyes. I wanted to slap them so hard when I saw their expression. How could they not understand that this was going to be a marking moment for me. The friends gave each other a rapid side look, nodding slightly.

"We'll come with you, honey. Don't worry, we will always have your back." Odessa finally broke the silence, smiling at me gently.

Oh, how I loved my friends. I didn't really want to slap them, anyways. I jumped in their arms, hugging them both, as I whispered several Thanks you's. I knew, tonight was going to be the start of many beginnings.
_

AN : I know the first three chapters are quite short but it's only the introduction bit ;)