Chapter Four

It had been a little over a month since Zelda had first moved into Links dorm and began to attend college. She ended up becoming part of his morning routine unintentionally as well.

The blaring sound of a phone alarm woke Link up, he blinked as he felt around near him for the small device to turn it off. Only to realise the phone was by his door. Groaning he curled back into his bedsheets, awaiting the arrival of Zelda, who indeed came in shortly after.

She sighed, turning off his alarm and opening the window, pulling the sheets off of him in an attempt to bribe him out of bed. "Come on Link! It's nearly 10 am and your lecture starts in an hour!" She left the room, leaving the sheets on the floor and allowing the aroma of breakfast to float in. It wasn't long before the meals got into a routine too - Zelda would do breakfast and Link would do dinner. This way, both cooked every day and lunch was whatever they could scavenge themselves.

Link groaned, pulling himself away from the warm comfort of his bed and walking over to his wardrobe - deciding that today he was going to wear some blue denim pants with a white dress shirt and a pastel blue sweater. Walking out of his room and picked up breakfast (a plate of pancakes drizzled in golden syrup and butter). Swallowing it down with ease while he continued to get himself ready to leave.

Picking up his usual satchel, Link placed his hand around the door handle. Something felt off. Checking his bag again and making sure he had everything, not seeing out of the ordinary he shrugged it off. Besides, if he forgot anything Zelda would just call him.

Links lecture soon came to an end, checking his phone to see the time 12:30pm. Letting out a yawn while he stretched, Link set about leaving, the thought not leaving his mind that something was out of place.

Distracting himself with his phone while he walked, he didn't notice the figure before him - causing him to bump into them and stumble backwards a few steps.

"Ah- sorry about that, I wasn't looking where I was going..." trailing off in nervous laughter, he got a proper look at who he bumped into, surprised by who he saw before a bright smile embraced his lips. "Mipha!"

The Zora smiled politely back, "Oh Link! And no worries, you're not hurt are you?" Her smile soon melting into a look of concern.

Link hummed, looking at his hands and glancing at his arms and legs before grinning, "Not a scratch! Anyways it should be me asking you that question, Mipha." Even though Link already knew Mipha would deny any injuries as much as she physically could, he still wanted to check with her - after all, she was always looking after his injures even when they were growing up.

Mipha nodded and Link couldn't help but notice the effort she'd put into her appearance. She was wearing a light blue strapless dress that had blue-sequinned hearts polka dotted across the fabric. She even had a hint of makeup and a small silver purse with a strap to go with. Link smirked at her.

"So, got a fancy date hm?" He said, a bit of a sing-song tone to it. Mipha huffed, her cheeks tinting pink a little as she looked away.

"That's none of your business, Mister nosey." She tried to keep a stern face but one glance at Links face broke her - he was adorning puppy eyes, pouting and pretty much begging for the answer. Giggling, she gave in.

"Fiiine... He's a Hylian, we met the other day by chance when we walked into each other. He asked me to meet here in my best clothes for a date..." She paused, as if in deep thought for a moment before continuing, "Will you be my wingman Link?"

Link stared wide-eyed while looking at his childhood friend, she had a look of desperation almost. Thinking for a moment he sighed and nodded, he couldn't let his friend down after all she had done for him, besides he wanted to make sure the guy she was going with wasn't going to hurt his friend.