The Confrontation

"Goood afternooon, Arx*" sang a violet bolt, splitting the weathered doors and piercing through the throne on the other side of the room for a while before disappearing into purple-ish mist. From the entrance to the hall the same kind of mist started flowing in, spreading around corners and creating a thick rug on the entirety of the floor. "She's here! She's Heeree!" Bruenor started shouting on par with the king, others rushed to the sides hoping to get some cover by the pillars or at least get off the line of sight. "You are weak, you are helpless, you are...pathetically soft, my liege" the wizardress was heard once again, but not yet seen. "Come over here and say that again" the king confidently answered. "Ooh, not so scared with your puny guard around, huh?" a more mocking tone came out of the mist, still pouring into the room "I shall". At first, all that was to be heard was dead silence and nervous panting, then, out of the mist, two skeletons ran out, shields forward, covering the devils with spears that followed behind them "Spread and flank!" an immediate command came from Max but too late, for Teanor has already been impaled, by a now chuckling devil, luckily Kantos managed to roll away and used that opportunity to obliterate the other one with a quick lightning bolt. The other two skeletons came forth, longbows drawn—it didn't take long for the arrows to reach their mark–Rem's chest, one of the shots barely grazed her, but the other one pierced right through her plate, coming in deep, accompanied by a groan from the tiefling herself. Suddenly, Bruenor came out from behind the enemies, took out both the archers with one swing of his warhammer, dodging away from a spear pointed in his chest last minute, only to get hit by an arcane blast from the wizardress herself, which send him flying across the room. "Wheeree are youu?" Axea entered the room, looking around and trying to eye out king Arluexor. Maximilian was sweating, he never had this tense of a situation before, and has not missed so many shots in a single encounter, yet the shape of the wizardress seemed altered, as if there were multiple of her, layered on top of each other, poorly, making it so much harder to aim well, he took another two shots, which both missed and attracted the attention of their target "Shite" he mumbled to himself, reaching for his rapier and parrying dagger, knowing that these won't miss their mark as easily as his previous tries. "You're not here for him" strong words said with an even stronger tone diverted Axea's attention to Arluexor, standing nobly in the centre of his throne hall "Here you are" the wizardress' tone suggested a wide smile, while her actions suggested a murderous intent "Let's get this concluded, then" she said, extending her arm forward and separating the fingers, whilst her other hand tightened around one of Rem's horns, the paladin herself seemed unconscious, being dragged across the floor by the wizardress. After a short incantation, and the tiefling's skin changing from bright red to aged grey as she withered, five colorful serpentines struck out of Axea's fingers, hitting Max, Bruenor, the king, Kantos and the dying wood elf. The last one, of course purple, changed its target into another devil, leaving no mark of its elven heritage, Kantos didn't even have such luck, as on contact with his vicked green streak, he simply evaporated, without even a single sound. Max and Bruenor couldn't even mourn him, as the orange rays that struck them both started spreading all over them, sizzling, engulfing, in the last moments of consciousness they managed to catch a glimpse of Arluexor getting thrown onto his throne by a blueish serpentine, seemingly losing contact with reality, and Axea proudly kicking his body off of the sacred chair, then using one of the surviving skeletons to summon even more devils to her aid as a cordon of guards stormed to the doorstep.