New Start

As their vision returned to them, Bruenor and Max found themselves shielding themselves with their arms and weapons, clutching them until their fingers turned white, from the rays that seemed to were just about to strike them and...well they don't know, each of the different colours seemed to have a different effect so they had no idea what to expect, apart from it being rather harmful. "Are you alright tall friend?" The dwarf's first instinct was to check on his companion "Yes, quite. You?" Max felt himself, and encountering no wounds or injuries turned to Bruenor "You seem unscratched too" he then remarked "How's me beard? If the witch burned it she shall know the wrath of Battlehammers for the next generations to come!" The dwarf swore, checking his facial hair, while eyeing Max to see if he's being honest about its looks. Once he was satisfied with the inspection, he started actually looking around him, and encouraged Max to do the same "Where the bloody hell are we?" The room they were in had a large teleportation glyph on the old rotten wooden floor, which also made up the walls and roof of the small one-room hut with boarded up windows and creaking sounds coming from all around. "How did we end up here? Was it the witch's *beams* or what?" The dwarf kept wondering, while Max tried to get a look outside, without bringing attention to the hut, knowing there might be someone prepared for them, knowing of the glyph that must've brought them here. While slightly bending a floorboard that was obstructing the window, a small leaflet flew out, looked like an old poster, the kind you'd hang up on a wall. Max didn't care for it and took a peek out the gap he made "There seems to be a river near, I can hear water moving" he commented, still by the crack "What's all the caution? If someone was awaiting, they'd also probably know we're here by now, wouldn't they?" The dwarf was taking a stroll around the room, working out an optimal strategy in his head for the two of them if there actually were to be foes nearby. "The caution is to not get us both killed, and to return to the king as soon as we can" the latter part came with a bit of disgruntlement "What, you're not happy to serve, Jackson?" Bruenor inquired, catching the off-tone in his voice. "I am, it's just-" Max stepped away from the window, subconsciously picking up the previously dropped paper "Uh—Bruenor?" He suddenly cut his previous sentence "Ye?" They were now standing face to face, with Max's gaze pinned to the piece of paper "I—I think we-I think we might not return so fast afterall" the usually rather collected and cocky tone faded out and gave in to shock, then, fear "We're in Distris, Bruenor" Max fell to his knees, and turned the pamphlet to the dwarf, who gasped, reeling back in surprise.