Chapter 2.

Daddy

I hate bedtime, for me it's the worst part of the day, especially on these days when he's all ignorant and cranky. I never normally let him drink before bed or he always wakes up with soggy diaper in the morning but I knew it was going to be the only way to get my baby boy to sleep. It was 7:41, his bedtime is at 8 sharp, any later and he'd refuse to close his eyes.

Somehow I had to bathe him, change him into a new diaper and pjs in under 20 minutes. Never-mind the fact I needed to make him a bottle and rock him to sleep in my arms. It was one of those nights when I wondered if he'd actually go to sleep.

As I pulled his diaper down it felt soft and slightly damp, this was going to be harder then I thought. I chucked the old, used diaper in the bin he began to wail. I tried to calm him but as I pulled out a clean diaper from the draw, I noticed something on his upper thighs. Oh gosh, not again. How long had this diaper been soaked for and how did I not notice. I smothered cream along his butt and upper thighs as he cried and cried. I felt so bad, this was my fault for not changing him. I looked at my watch. 7:47, I needed to hurry up. I quickly shook the baby powder on the new diaper and placed it on him. 1 tape, 2 tapes, 3 tapes and done! The final tape was on but i was slowly running out of time.

SHOOT! I'd total forgotten to bathe him, It was too late, I couldn't put him through that now. I rushed downstairs leaving him on his changing table. Grabbing a bottle from the cupboard I rushed to the fridge to get the milk.. The milk! That's what i forgot to pick up at the store today... This evening was not going to plan.

Back upstairs I had to somehow explain why there was no milk. I asked him if he wanted Juice instead but he refused. I felt terrible, maybe Im not fit for this.. 'Okay baby, Im really sorry love, I didn't mean for it to turn out well, this way. Let's go get your Paci and I'll read you a book, hm?' He agreed a clapped his hands, gosh he's adorable, I don't deserve him. He's so precious and I just can't do anything right for him. I couldn't leave though and i won't. He's been through enough already and i love him endlessly.

I let him chose a book for me to read and I started rocking him to sleep gently, he closed his eyes and drifted off. I took a look at my watch once again, 8 o'clock sharp. He was asleep, slowly suckling on his pacifier and his diaper still dry. Let's hope it stays that way.