29 - Talks

Gorio's POV...

"Still sulking?" I asked as I sat next to her beside the creek.

"You can't blame me. They can't just say that like it's nothing." She reiterated, her pout deepened.

She was talking about the incident earlier when I was officially introduced to her parents as her boyfriend. Let's just say, it didn't go very well and her parents somehow blurted out some harsh words against me which made Abby walked out.

"They love you, princess. That's why they said those things to us." I answered calmly.

"You're not mad about it?" She then asked and searched my eyes. I shook my head and shrugged my shoulder. Her gaze sharpened and her eyes narrowed. "How can you be not mad about it??? Ugh!"

"Because I know their intentions." I replied and made her face me. I looked at her straight in the eye and gave her a small smile. "I was actually thankful for their honesty."

"But-" She started and I stopped her by stealing a kiss. "What was that for?"

"For standing up for me and feeling bad for me." I said cheerfully.

"Sorry for what they've said, Gorio." Abby said afterwards.

"It's okay. Everything they said is true. We're still young and they're just concerned about us. Plus, it's also true that I am not even capable of supporting myself yet and how much more now that I have you." I started, picking up her chin so I can look into her eyes. "They love you, princess. And every parent will do or say what they just said."

She sighed and pouted cutely.

"cheer up, okay?" I encouraged and stretch her face until she finally smiled. "There you go."

"Brute!" She snorted and I chuckled.

Caressing her lovely face, I smiled at her. "Promise. I will do all my best to live up to your parents' expectations. I don't know what the future holds but I will work hard to be successful so one day I can be worthy to be with you."

"You're more than enough, silly." She replied and returned my smile.

*****

Hi, everyone! I have some exciting news! Well, it's surely exciting for me though.

My Happily Ever After is now on Dreame. You can still read the complete story for FREE by downloading the Dreame App (which is also for FREE in Google Play Store or Apple Store).

Here are the links:

https://www.dreame.com/novel/AmNWmDO6wes098YDk5Z5Zw%3D%3D.html

or

https://www.dreame.com/chapter/AwKGIHEUx5qLy%2BRU5rPVMw%3D%3D.html

In case those links won't work, go to the Dreame App and search for me. My username is @geeem27. You can also try searching via the title of my book which is: My Happily Ever After.

I hope y'all will continue to support me. I still have a lot of stories to tell. Thank you very much.

In any case, for more questions and inquiries...you can always message me here in Wattpad for more information.

Love Lots,

Gee