28

Eniola took one last look in the mirror, before strutting out of the bathroom. She didn't know if Jay was going to take her to some high-end restaurant or the back of an alleyway. She wore some black pants, with a dark green cropped hoodie. It was minimalistic but could fit into any setting.

You see, she was prepared.

She would not have a complete freak out about how to look. Jay just wanted to hang out with her. That was all. They weren't an actual couple, as they just faked it for views. It sounded desperate on paper and probably was.

Besides, he was probably dating that pizza girl who he had flirted with. Or the other many girls he had flirted with. They were going as friends. Teammates.

Eniola didn't consult Iris or Lucia because her friends would make a complete scene and start saying how much she and Jay looked cute together. She was just going to do this on her own.

She braced herself and walked out of her room, dodging Iris and Lucia watching something together.

She uncovered herself from the hallway, and Jay was already there waiting for her, smiling at her. He was wearing a beanie, the same bomber jacket with a white t-shirt underneath and some black sweatpants and some sneakers. "You ready?"

She nodded. "Where are we going?"

"I'm still not telling you," he teased. "Grab your helmet."

"What, no stretch limo waiting for me?" she scoffed. "I thought you were a man of culture."

"I don't know if you haven't noticed, but we had to pretend to date just to get more views and donations," he jokingly reminded her. "We aren't exactly swimming in money."

Eniola snicked, and he joined her. After a long laugh, Eniola looked up to see him staring at her. If she could be seen, she'd be blushing.

"Ready?" he asked.

"Ready," she replied.

They came out of the dorm, down into the elevator and out into the street. Jay threw his bike orb on the ground, and it sprung up to life and he jumped on. It was different. Bigger, with a taller way to the seat and lined with green.

"Get on," he said, and she threw on her helmet and attempted to climb on. It was so high that she had to climb like this was a rock wall.

"Here," Jay said, reaching his hand out and pulling her in. She still wobbled and began leaning sideways until his hand caught her on the exposed skin of her waist, holding her steady. He slowly pulled her back up as they maintained eye contact. Her heart was impossibly loud. It was always easy going on her own, but being behind someone else was different. She wrapped her arms behind his back, and leaned in, pressing herself into him. Her skin tingled where he touched.

His hands curved around the handles as the bike lit up and the engine revved up. They took off speeding into the neon nightscape, feeling the rush and breeze of the LA night escape past them.

She looked up into the night sky where the day had finished its tour and now a technicolour landscape took its place with gold colours of the sunset against the indigo sky. It would soon be replaced by a shining myriad of the stars that glowed against the neon landscape of Los Angeles and the building they whizzed past. It was a cool and windy LA night breeze, as the swaying of palm trees rustled and moved them forward.

It was like being in a trance, just letting everything escape to be in this moment right now. Jay began picking up speed and drove faster. Eniola didn't know where they were going, but all she cared about was the going.

Her coiled hair was blown back by the wind as they escaped into the sunset. It felt weirdly relaxing and euphoric.

Her heart thumped against her chest and she hugged closer into Jay as they sped down the freeway, palm trees lining their paths down the hills.