33

Eniola's feet seemed to have a mind of their own because she took off like it was nobody's business, adrenaline coursing through her veins. Her chosen weapon, a sleek gray phaser, jumped into her hands, ready for anyone who tried to get in her way. She stood at ease nervously, observing her surroundings before further running.

She was suddenly tackled from behind by the Lumians, who tried to wrestle the phaser out of her grip. Eniola turned back, eyes on the deformed alien before she yanked it out from their hands and gave them yeons. At once, she flew under them like a wisp of air and ran and reappeared at the belly of the mountain, feeling the hot warmth of lava against her. There was a narrow path leading up into the mountain.

She mowed down the Lumians with her phaser, who came at him, collecting yeons as she sprinted toward the mountain. An ULTRA team member came her way and her breath hitched as her mind tried to find a way out. But then a blast of energy shot at her stomach, and immediately she fell back onto the rocky ground, huffing.

"Eniola!" Theo yelled into her helmet. "Are you okay?"

"I'm fine," she groaned, stumbling to her feet and wiping the hypothetical dust off. Another group of Lumians cornered her, and her heart clenched as she stood at nervous ease with her weapon. She readied her gun before shooting them one at a time, turning them into coins, before she crouched at the ground before running through the coins. One came at her from the bottom and dragged her up. She almost dropped her gun, but flipped it into her other hand and shot him.

Jay came in from the side, and Eniola slightly smiled at the extra help and Jay. Both of them got on their bikes as a blast of plasma shot off from them at all angles. Eniola crouched down, eyes glazing over to the war-torn planet. A blast of plasma came from the ground, and Eniola called her bike and jumped onto it. Then he grabbed her shoulder and pulled her back, body checking her onto the ground and a scream erupted from her. Keone was standing over her, a gun to her face, crouching over her. She screamed and writhed under his grasp, as his predatory gaze lingered on her.

"You're done for," he growled, and Eniola's chest heaved. Suddenly an explosion, loud and deafening around her, blew her backwards and she rolled before hitting the dirt ground. A cascade of purple smoke filled the air in front of her. A figure emerged from the smoke— Jay.

"Thanks," she quickly mumbled. before they both jumped onto their bikes again, going at rapid speed for the disk. Quickly, Lumians filled their path, clamouring toward them. Eniola revved her engine, further shooting and blasting through the crowd.

Eniola looked back and to see where ULTRA and the Black Infinity were. They were all spread out in the action.

"I have an idea," Jay said. He quickly began dropping mini-detonators on the path. "This should do it for them."

Eniola sped further up the track, where a ridge separated them from the other side. Lava dripped down from its edges. Eniola revved up and jumped towards the other edges still intact, as the path exploded behind them.

"What's happening with you guys on the floor?" she asked into her mic.

"We're fighting the aliens!" Iris explained.

"Jay, Eniola, what's happening up there?" Theo asked.

"We're in the lead," Jay exclaimed, then looking back to see other teams were on their tail. One of the Mamba teammates threw a huge detonator at them, and suddenly they were blown off the mountainside.

"Ah!" Jay yelled as they plummeted toward the ground. A second later, they were back from where they started. They'd respawned.

"When's the blind second?" Lucia frantically asked.