Chapter 27: All Is Set For The Sports Fest!

THIRD-PERSON POV:

"We should've gone full force on that guy!" Gai grunted, kicking away the useless scroll.

"You know we can't do that," Kakashi replied. Sat on one of the boulders there, his one knee raised, letting his left hand rest on it close below his chin. "We have to save our chakra for casting the Jutsu, remember? It's our only way back to Konoha." He sighs, looking at his exhausted hand, shaking.

"But without the scroll, we can't cast it! We're deteriorating here the longer we stay!" Neji exclaimed. "We need to retrieve the scroll soon, sacrifice some of our chakra to fight before we all die here!" Neji's voice raised, his arms spread out to express his words, upset already of the situation.

"Neji, calm down. We still have Hinata's plan, right?" Lee spoke up.

"Lee's right. We need Naruto." Kakashi added to Lee's point, making Neji look at him. "With Naruto's large amount of chakra we won't be in this dire state, and I fully agree on Hinata's plan in finding him."

"But Hinata has to compete to achieve this. She needs chakra, something we're all losing!" Neji's eyes sharpened, angered. "None of this should heavily burden Hinata. You Gai sensei and Kakashi should've took initiative back in Konoha to-!"

"Neji!" Gai and Lee shouted in sync.

Neji grunted, his brows meet, his mouth crooked, irritated.

Gai continued, "Everything happened fast without warning, the culprit was a mystery to us too, Neji-"

Kakashi gestured his hand for Gai to stop. Gai silenced.

"Let's not dwell on the past. We have to focus on the problem at hand..." Kakashi faced Neji, dropped his feet on the ground. "Have a little faith in Hinata. She offered the plan, she knew the risks."

Neji looks away, still concerned for his cousin. "Maybe so, but..."

"This is for Naruto she's doing." Another person said from afar. "Nothing can stop her from that. She can do anything and everything."  From the side, on a broken staircase to the next floor above them, someone came down. It made the three face their heads there.

"They asked me to call you guys, dinner's ready." the person said. Shino said.

***

THIRD-PERSON POV:

"When I finally have the chance to find home again, to be useful for my people and prove to Neji I can do it, why do I have to lose it now!?"

Hinata's words kept repeating, echoing back and forth in detective Naomasa's office. He recorded Hinata's whole statement from start to end but only this sentence he stayed pondering. His back rested well on his chair, with his eyes closed, mind in deep thought.

Aizawa's hunch was correct, the detective had a different motive.

"My people...."  Naomasa said Hinata's words in his mind.

A knock disturbed the detective.

"Come in," he said.

The door opened, revealing the cat-headed officer. "Sir, he's gone rogue, much worse than before."

Naomasa's fear spiked. He shot up from his seat. "Take me to him...!" He hurriedly wore his coat and went away with the officer.

Minutes passed, they reached the location.

The air around choked them as they walked down deeper on the staircase towards the place, the beast's cage. Sweat covered their faces, beholding it at their front.