Chapter 33: Wins and Losses

Neji stiffened. He had his hand feel his eyes in unbelief. "I... can't see...!?!" he thought. All his other senses became much more sensitive.

Earsplitting vehicle noises, at the crowded sidewalk he's standing on, vibrations echoed in his head distressing. Neji took a step back. A child suddenly cried. A mother yelled. Neji froze, confused. Someone abruptly snatched his wrist and pulled him away to the side.

Neji nearly tumbled, finding his balance. Held tight on the person's hand who dragged him.

"Glad I found you on time. Gosh, you almost stepped on a child... you alright?" said the person, a woman.

Neji recognized her presence, "TenTen?"

***
[Minutes before Hinata & Bakugo's match...]

"Thank you!" Hanabi immediately jumped off the car that dropped her to UA (a favor in return from Naomasa)  and ran towards the stadium, byakugan activated to find Hinata.

The cop driver watched Hanabi go then his phone vibrated, slipped it to his ear. "Detective Naomasa...?"

***On the other side of the phone***

"Stay there..." Naomasa stood at the counter of the hospital, borrowing a telephone. In his patient robe with bandages all over his torso and around his temple and arms.

And while on the phone, the nurse that took charge of Hanabi approached the detective.

"This was the number patient Hanabi dialed sir." said the nurse, handing him a piece of paper.

Naomasa bowed grateful to the nurse, "I can't clearly remember, but I'm certain today's not my first time seeing Hanabi..." he said on the phone, reading the number written silently. "I have a bad feeling..." he contemplated, "I think, I saw her at a crime scene once."

#: "What are your orders, sir?" asked the cop on the phone.

"Keep an eye on her," Naomasa answered firmly. "I'll also send you a number to check, but report the details to me later. I have other things to attend to," he instructed then ended the call. Dialed another person.

Gestured slight impatience in wait to be answered.

"Found him?" he instantly asked right after the call picked up.

#: "Not yet... but he left some trails, there're broken branches everywhere. Soon, we will."

"Make sure Naruto doesn't reach the city..." Naomasa said, "and don't hurt him."

[Back at UA]

Bakugo's knees collapsed. Hinata rotting to her death before his eyes. He can't control himself from trembling.

Suddenly- "Big sis!"

Taken aback, Bakugo fell on his butt, pushed aside. The door behind him busted open and at his front an unknown girl arrived, calling Hinata her sister.

"Hanabi!" Shinsou appeared at the opened door, heaving (chased Hanabi when he saw her from afar running into this room).

Bakugo stood on his feet. Perplexed, he distanced, encountering Shinsou and Hanabi.

Hanabi hovered her hands on Hinata and blue haze emitted from her palms.

Bakugo stared at Hanabi's actions, doubtful. "Hey what-" but then relaxed when Hinata's skin slowly returned normal.

Shinsou's eyes widened, "Hanabi, stop-!"

Bakugo glares at Shinsou malignant. "Don't you dare stop healing her..." he said that to Hanabi. Bakugo caught Shinsou's wrist, crushing it as he tried to stop her.