| 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫 ⁴ |

─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎

The ride to his mansion left Megumi to nothing but his own thoughts, as if he hadn't used up all the thought space in his mind for the rest of his life, all in one night. As the woman —whom he still didn't know the name of— laid motionless and fully unconscious in the backseat of his car, he sat deep in thought, barely paying any attention to the road in front of him.

He agonized over his thoughts for about half of the way there, flipping back and forth from regret and premonition to a sense of relief and slight hope that some how, some way... he could save the woman before it was too late.

And as more time went on, and the more Megumi overthought, that sliver of hope withered.

Fortunately he was pulled from his thoughts by the silent buzzing of his phone on the near the middle console. He picked up the phone and looked at the caller ID.

"Gojo Satoru"

He lets out a sigh, before answering, "Why are you up at this ungodly hour Gojo, and more importantly, calling me?"

The line is silent for a beat or two, and Megumi could hear some rustling on the other side before the familiar voice spoke up, "Well good morning to you too Megumi, I could very well ask you the same thing, but I think I already know why, all things considered."

"Well, if you're thinking what I think you're thinking, that means you're actually thinking for once." Megumi says sarcastically, annoyance creeping it's way into his tone.

"Ouch, rude." Gojo hisses as if in pain from the words Megumi delivered to him, but deep down he knew this is just how Megumi communicates with him, and has been for a while now. "Moving on, what happened?"

Megumi blows another breath of exhaustion, and glances up into his rear view mirror, "I'll tell you later, but for now... let's just say that I have to repair half of my condo." he stares at the woman as frustration grows at the realization of how much money he'll have to spend on repairs.

"Mmm, it was that bad? I thought the sedative would've kept her out at least until you could've gotten her tied up." Gojo says with very mild shock.

It didn't come as much of a surprise to Megumi that 'tying the unnamed woman up' wasn't originally one of the first things on his list of ways to subdue the woman. It wasn't the most ideal way to get her to let her guard down should she wake before expected, which was more or less a new goal of his.