Chapter 2: The "Heir's" Promise

5 Years Prior...

Flame Reaper POV

'Where is he? The old man should've been on by now...' I thought to myself.

I waited in dad's favorite spot on Incipio. Only... when I arrived there was this big- no I mean HUGE fucking building called "The Halliday Journals". The man's got style but isn't it kinda... err... egotistical? Anyway, as I waited, tons of people flooded into the building as if there was a sale going on, but the weirdest part was, people were stopping in front of me wishing me their "condolences". I took it as a threat of some noobs being cocky because it wasn't a pvp planet, but at the time... I didn't know the old man wasn't gonna show. I finally stopped some crazy haired British chick with a glowing device on her chest and asked her.

"Why are people giving me their condolences? It's starting to piss me off, because I didn't lose anyone." I said.

"Oh, Luv... Halliday passed last night..." She told me.

I was lost... I didn't believe it at first and I thought it was some sick joke, but... the old man really was gone. I watched the video she showed me and I kinda lost it. I went straight to planet Doom and I began to rip and tear till I couldn't. I was so angry but I felt as though I lost direction.

Thoughts flooded my mind... I stopped and returned to Incipio and stared at the building, wanting to burn it down because I felt as though I was abandoned. Heh, I was actually looking through my inventory for a Molotov when I found it... A video that I hadn't seen before labeled, "For (Y/N)". I played it and there he was...

"Hello (Y/N), I know by the time you see this, you've already learned about my death. I have no doubt that you will find the keys first and with quick succession no less, but I must ask you for a favor. Once you've found the third key, I ask you to use the glowing orb that I've labeled "Sandbox" and wait for the chosen one... Also my son... don't burn down the Halliday Journals, they're important for the chosen one to use... " Halliday stated before the video ended.

And just like that, I walked inside of the Halliday Journals and I quickly pieced it together because no one, and I mean no one knew, my old man better than me. I was actually glad in a way...

Present Day...

For the first time in five years, the falcon had taken flight. I sat in the co-pilot seat as Z was in the pilot's seat.

"How does she feel?" I asked.

"She feels a bit stiff but it feels so right!" Z said.

I snorted a bit at the comment.

"Well if you get us out of this, she's yours." I said.

He looked at me with excitement in his eyes and asked "Really?" but he slipped a bit causing the falcon to jerk a bit.

"Eyes to the sky, kid!" I yelled.

He flew through the vortex and I left behind that sandy prison as we reached the void on a straight-shot course to planet Incipio. As he set the falcon in auto pilot, he ushered me to the main room.

"Okay, so I didn't exactly tell anyone that I met you... So I need you to change your appearance." The kid had the audacity to ask.

"Nope... this avatar is mine and I wear it with pride and glory. Seriously, no matter how many people try, they just can't seem to get the fire right." I said.

"It's gonna spark panic if the Flame Reaper has returned." He said.

He had a point...

"Fine, the flames can go but the outfit stays." I said.

He nodded as he equipped a Clark Kent disguise that actually worked pretty well to say the least.

I converted to a half human half non- burning skeleton complete with a short, neatly slicked back pompadour and a pair of aviators.

"Wow, you look like an entirely different avatar." He said.

"I feel naked." I said, in defeat.

I unzipped my jacket to reveal my plain white tee that blended perfectly with my pale skin.

"Wait, what are you gonna call me?" I asked.

"Any ideas?" He asked.

I smiled,

"(Y/N)... call me (Y/N)." I said.

"Why (Y/N)?" Z asked.

"That's what my dad named me." I said.

We arrived on planet Incipio and I could see from the cockpit the astonished faces of avatars as they watched the falcon's arrival, obviously fresh meat. We stepped off the falcon and were met with a group of odd figures who Z quickly rushed to meet. I turned to the falcon and it shrunk in my hands and I turned back to the group with my face only to be met with a seemingly tall avatar.

"Hey Z, who's this?" The bald avatar asked.

"Oh, guys this is (Y/N), he got me out of-" I interrupted.

"No no... Don't give me credit. Never woulda made it outta there without a pilot. Now I think this is yours." I said.

He smiled as I handed him the falcon.

"Now, how far did you guys get with the second key?" I asked.