Chapter 1: Eli Noble

Dedication:
To the man who has allowed
me to soar without barriers
To be weird and crazy
To smile and laugh and cry
And has accepted me all the same

The moment I saw her I wanted to kiss her. With those plump lips, their pinkness hidden under a perfect layer of red lipstick, I knew I had to have her. Not have her like Reaper wanted to have with the runaway Fiona, but I had to have her wrapped up in my arms, her lips pressed up against mine. I stared at her unabashedly as Reaper squeezes her throat. 

I should have been helping the woman, but I didn't want to get in his way. It should have been me anyway...restricting her airway like that. My eyes glide over her breasts, down the curves of her body, over her hips - pointing out the hip dips that are honestly one of the sexiest things ever, and to her juicy ass. 

I want to grab that shit so bad. While I fuck her from behind. My cock twitches against my jeans, and I can barely concentrate on trying to make her a drink. Nevertheless, I'm going to have to fucking talk to her. Thank god for this bar because I don't think she would be very impressed with my raging hard-on.

A picture of my grandpa in a speedo - like those Italian men on the beach - floods my mind and cools my blood. I curse myself as I trip over my feet, about twenty of my mother's favorite profanities running through my mind. 

If she were here right now, she'd probably be yelling at me about not getting my shit together. And it would probably be helpful by distracting me from my...situation...if you know what I mean. 

Without a word, I hand a bag of ice to the gorgeous woman - and she smiles at me. The most fucking pretty smile that I have ever seen in my entire life. I'm sure my heart skipped a beat. Blood pumps heavily through my veins, shooting straight down to my dick, and I find her eyes staring blatantly along my body. 

I should have felt more insecure about it - at least that's what my father would have told me - but it was her gaze. Nothing else seemed to matter but the fact that she was looking at me.

Her attention is quickly turned back to Reaper - fucking asshole - as he asks the woman about Fiona. I get it though. If I had a woman, and then she went missing for two days, three hours, twenty-nine minutes, and thirty-four seconds, I would be an absolute panicking shit show. 

Reaper never panics, only huffs in displeasure. We all love him though. We're brothers, so how could we not? I got here two years after him, and he was still a prospect the same as me, but it was hard not to start to like him. Although he was tough on the outside, and still is don't get me wrong, it was somewhat easy to tell that he had all good intentions. 

Of course that motherfucker had to get the woman first. Fiona's beautiful and sweet and good-hearted, but not my type of gal. She's not the most go-getting type, and I find myself needing a woman to be independent and not need me around all the time. Makes me anxious when someone truly depends on me.

"You said Fiona?"

"Yes, I said Fiona. My name's Beatrice. I've known her for years."

How do they know one another? Fiona was worse for wear the first time I saw her. I hope to God that they didn't come from the same place. 

Even though I'm not a killer like Reaper, and I don't want to be, I'd murder any fucker who lays a hand on a woman - or man or person is part of the LGBTQ+ spectrum for that matter. It doesn't matter what gender or sexuality someone is, no one deserves abuse of any kind. So, yeah, I'm willing to kill for someone's protection. Just not as a hired killer.