heat

~ y/n's pov ~
chapter includes: imagine

i watch with a smile on my face from the side of the stage as billie performs.

we're in phoenix right now, and it's hotter than hell at the moment. i almost didn't want billie performing today, but she insisted that she do the show.

there's been people in the crowd passing out, i've probably seen maybe 13 people being carried out.

it's 104° and there's no way billie isn't hot. she's wearing a huge orange sweatshirt with an orange shirt underneath with matching orange basketball shorts.

in the middle of her jumping around to her song, she stops singing and jumping, holding onto her forehead and saying something along the lines of "oh fuck."

she starts to stumble so finneas walks up to her in concern, and that's when her eyes roll back and she passes out onto him.

i gasp as he carried her backstage in a hurry. the crowd starts screaming in confusion, and i run back to see what happened with billie.

i see them laying her on a couch backstage and putting a cold damp cloth on her forehead.

"is she okay?" i panic.

"she'll be okay, she hasn't eaten or drank anything at all today, it's fucking hot out there, she probably fainted from dehydration and and overexertion ." one of the backstage managers inform.

my poor baby. i thought she told me she ate today.

i watch as her eyes start to flutter open. i run back to the green room really quickly, going into the cooler and grabbing a water bottle.

i run back to the couch, seeing her try and sit up. "hi, baby. do you feel okay?" i ask, handing her the unscrewed water bottle.

she nods a little, taking a sip from the bottle. "is my show done?" she asks.

"no, you passed out, angel. i'm not sure if they'll let you finish." i watch her face turn into a sad expression.

"no i wanna finish." she protests.

"billie i'm sorry, you can't finish tonight. you need to eat something and we can't risk you passing out again. it's nearly 110° out there." finneas explains.

i hear justin, someone on billies team, talk to the crowd, telling them that billie can't continue to show.

"i wanted to finish." she grumbles, and i watch her eyes get teary.

"i know, baby. it's for yours and your fans' safety. it's really hot out there, i saw at least 13 people get carried out from fainting." i explain.

"i just wanted them to have a good show. that was some peoples' first concert and that was the experience." i can hear her voice wavering.

"i understand, and they probably understand too. they want what's best for you." i reassure, kissing the crown of her head.

_______________________________________
billie posted this later that night.