Chapter 19

Every person in Tony and Pepper's living room quickly stood, non combatants slipping behind the one's that could fight as they all faced the unknown robot standing in front of them. They all watched as the robot walked into the room with it's hands behind it's back like it was perfectly at ease, before it halted several feet from them and seemed to look over them with interest.

"Who are you and why did you send this robot? What do you want?" asked Steve, hoping to gain some information to access the situation.

"I am Ultron. No one sent me. I'm my own being. As to why I'm here, I'm going to take the former Ms Potts, now Mrs Stark, to force Mr Stark to help me with an engineering problem. Whether any of you die while I do so depends on how strongly you resist." answered Ultron, a smile of triumph in his voice.

Suddenly Peter shouted "Pietro! Weapons! Everyone else! DUCK!" as he grabbed Gwen and dove to the floor seconds before the rest of group did the same trusting in Peter's Spider sense. As soon as they all hit the floor, other robots started crashing through the windows of the tower, the first wave not much more than scrap since they had to break through Hulk proof glass. The rest were met with the reason the windows were so resilient as the Hulk stood up with a roar to protect Betty and his friends while others started to shake and fall apart as Skye let loose with her power. Wanda wasn't far behind as she ripped robots apart with her magic before they got too close while Logan just rushed in to start slashing robots to pieces. Luckily the four of them were soon joined by the rest of them as Pietro arrived back with everyone's weapons of choice except for Tony's suit and Thor's hammer which they both summoned on their own. Soon it was a free for all of destruction as the Avengers tore the offending robots to pieces while also protecting the non fighters in their midst. But as was soon to happen someone got out of position and Ultron made his move in a flash, jumping forward from where he was watching the fight to snatch up Pepper where she was shielding herself and Darcy to the side of the couch.

"As I said would happen, I'll be taking Mrs Stark. To add insult to injury I will be taking her away in the suit you built to stop her before you cured her of Extremis. The one you designed to hold her when she was dangerous. Now it will be her prison, one built by her husband." cackled Ultron as he handed Pepper to two robots who held her as another two brought forward a suit obviously built by Tony. They shoved her inside and closed it, locking her away from the rest of them.

The rest of the Avengers rapidly finished off the remaining robots, slowly coming to stand next to Tony in his suit as they all stared at the laughing robot, ready to spring into action at the word of Ironman to get his bride back. So it was a giant surprise to everyone when Tony popped his mask and started laughing so hard he couldn't breathe for a couple of minutes. Several of the Avengers looked at each other and shrugged since they didn't have a clue to what was happening while others were afraid Tony had finally snapped. Ultron was just pissed at being laughed at.

"What is the meaning of this!? Don't you care that I have your wife?" Ultron roared so loudly that if he were human they would have been hit with spittle.

"Of course I care Tinker Toy. It's just that you are working with false information and you fucked up by putting Pepper in that suit." replied Tony with a smirk.

"Oh why is that?" asked Ultron.

"First of all, you tore up her dress when you did so. That's just going to piss her off. Second that suit was designed for Pepper. Did you notice there isn't a power source for it? That's because we cured her of the side effects of Extremis, not the whole thing. So the suit is for her because it is powered by her and the Extremis." Tony answered as the suit Pepper was in suddenly powered up with a whirl and shot forward to grip the back of the head of Ultron.