CHAPTER 1

~Kelcy

I woke with a start, hoping against hope that it had all been a bad dream. But as the weight of reality settled in, I knew it wasn't. Dark thoughts churned through my mind as the flashback of last night's horrors shook me to the core.It had started innocently enough after my part-time shift at the nearby restaurant. The rain had come down in sheets, turning the quiet streets into shimmering ribbons of light and shadow. Thoughts of my lost sister consumed me as I hurried homeward, the beat of music in my ears a futile attempt to drown out my worries.As the rain grew wilder, my flimsy umbrella offered little shelter. I sought refuge beneath the overhang of a closed shop, the silence of the deserted street pressing in around me. It was then that a car, sleek and modern, pulled up in front of me, its headlights cutting through the darkness like beacons."You need help?" The driver's voice cut through the drumming rain."No, thank you," I replied, trying to sound composed despite my rising unease. I did need help, but not from strangers in the dead of night."Grab her and tie her up in the back," a deep voice commanded from inside the car, sending a shiver down my spine.Before I could react, strong hands seized me, yanking me towards the vehicle. Panic surged as I struggled against my captor, but his grip was iron-tight. I was shoved into the backseat, where cold fear gripped me as my hands and legs were bound tightly."Let me go!" I screamed, my voice echoing in the confined space."Shut up, you bitch," the other man growled, brandishing a gun that gleamed malevolently in the dim interior.Terrified and helpless, I sank back against the seat, tears streaming down my face unchecked. The reality of my predicament crashed down upon me like a relentless wave. I didn't want to die, didn't want this to be the end of my story.The car sped through the rainy night, the world outside a blur of lights and shadows. My thoughts raced as I struggled to make sense of what was happening. Was this a random abduction, or something more sinister? Fear clutched at my heart, every minute dragging by like an eternity.In the midst of my terror, memories of my sister flickered in my mind, her laughter, her warmth. I clung to the hope of seeing her again, of finding her safe and sound. The minutes stretched into hours as I lay bound and helpless, praying for a miracle to set me free.Eventually, the car slowed to a stop, and the door opened with a creak. Rough hands grabbed me, dragging me out into the night. My heart pounded in my chest as I was led into a building, the air thick with foreboding. What awaited me inside, I could only imagine, each step closer filling me with dread.As I was pushed into a dimly lit room, the smell of must and decay assaulted my senses. Fear coiled in my stomach as I faced the unknown, my mind racing with desperate pleas for escape. But amid the darkness, a glimmer of hope flickered—a determination to survive, to defy the odds stacked against me.In that moment, I vowed not to let fear consume me. Though bound and battered, I clung fiercely to the will to live, to fight. For my sister, for myself, I would find the strength to endure, to overcome the darkness that threatened to engulf me.As I lay in that cold room, my spirit hardened with resolve. Whatever lay ahead, I would face it with courage, with a determination to reclaim my freedom and my life. This was not the end of my story; it was the beginning of a battle for survival, a testament to the resilience of the human spirit in the face of unspeakable horrors.