ch. 9

12:01 am. past midnight.
february 13. a year ago.

broken vase. a wrecked guitar. messy apartment.

yedam closed his eyes as he sat on the couch. he just had another petty fight with his two-years girlfriend, naeun which led into a break up.

naeun left an hour ago ago and he just calmed down. regrets are piling after he lashed out at his girlfriend- ex-girlfriend. he knew he was wrong for shouting back at her but he was just too angry.

he grabbed his phone and dialed naeun's number but couldn't reach her. he dialed for more than thirty times before he gave it up and collapsed on the floor before deciding to just talk and apologize to her tomorrow and let the both of them calm down.

"will she even talk to me when we broke up already?" was the last thought he had before drifting into a deep sleep.

the next morning, yedam woke up and was determine to talk to her again but before he left his apartment, he went to check his mail post to see if his parents have sent him letters, as they were working abroad.

he did got a letter. but not from his parents.

"lacuna incorporation? what is this?" he opened the letter only see that the letter was addressed to naeun's parents.

"oh, shoot. they must've got the address wrong. why did they-" yedam paused after seeing his name on the letter.

dear mr. and mrs. cha,

cha naeun has had bang yedam
erased from her memories. please
never mention their relationship to
her ever again.

thank you!

lacuna inc.

yedam was perplexed before laughing. "is this a joke? how can you erase someone from your memories-" he paused once again after remembering a conversation with hyunsuk, a week ago.

"a memory erasing facility?" yedam scoffed at hyunsuk's statement.

"i'm not kidding! my cousin had one and her parents said she really can't remember a single thing about her ex-boyfriend. they said that lacuna helps in erasing painful memories caused by their love ones and it's proveb clinically effective!"

the flashback stopped as yedam hurriedly dialed naeun's number. he fidgeted as he crumpled the paper he was holding. after a short ring, naeun picked up the phone.

"naeun-"

"hello? who is this?" naeun answered.

"naeun, this is not funny. this is yedam."

"yedam?" naeun asked, confused before the next statement left him dumbfounded.

"but i don't know anyone named yedam."