The past

It was a normal summers day for the pook princess . Well , at least I thought it was . I was wrong . I'm Ellena Dean . Everyone calls me Elle . 17 years old living in North Carolina . Yeah we have two sides , the Kooks . The Kooks are the rich , wealthy kids with parents who can keep affording for them to have chances and chances . And you have the Pogues , the unwealthy , poor kids with parents who can't afford for their kid to even have at least one chance . I'm in the middle of those two categories. I hang out with pogues and a few Kooks , with parents that are Kooks ( wealthy and can afford more chances for me ) . You might be thinking well be a kook then ? Ha no . That's where you're wrong . I don't wanna live life as a kook . Been there , done that . I just call myself a Pook . Meet the crew anyway . You got my mom , Melinda Dean , she is honestly the most beautiful and courageous woman I have ever met . My dad , Wesley Dean , my rock , my hero , my everything . My sister ,  Aliyah  Dean , again a beautiful soul . Then you got my people . Peyton , Pey , my best friend since 1st grade . The kindest , most attitudey, coolest girl I've ever known . Honestly , this girl is my literal soulmate. Then you got Bligh , the dumbest in an intelligent way , the funniest and the stupidest person I've ever met still my literal best friend though. Jonah , the smartest of all us , the sweetest out of the guys that literally just wants a good time with good grades . And me . Let me introduce you to some of the others . The ones I speak to , the ones I hate . Rafe Cameron , my ex boyfriend, a Kook , an absolute douche . Sarah Cameron , my closest friend out of the Kooks , she chills with us sometimes but she's usually with her people . She's related to rafe so she knows about me and him . Ward Cameron, known him since birth , a good man and looks out for his people . Rafe and Sarah's mom died when they were young so it's just them and Ward , their dad . JJ , might as well count him in our crew , he's my neighbour and the one who knows how to have a good time . Pope , in with our crew as well , seriously bright and amazing help , Kiara , my girl , always helping us , boss bitch and John B , basically my brother , he belongs with our crew .

I wake up to the sound of my alarm . Ugh , too damn early for this I say . I roll around for 2 minutes then finally decide to get up . I get up out of my bed and brush my teeth . *knock knock* What ? It's me . Aliyah ? Yeah mom said she wanted to know if you needed a ride this morning? Oh okay um tell her I can drive myself it's not an issue . Okay then well I guess I'll see you later . Love you Ali ! Love you too Elle ! Hehe I giggle . Ali really is the best little sister . She's awesome . I get dressed . I wear a whit crop top , my ripped blue jeans , a black hoodie and my white converse . My makeup is very minimum this morning . Just lip gloss and mascara . My hair is just it's natural state wavy but kinda straight .

Bye Dad , love you ! , I call as I head into my car ready for my first day back at school. I drive to school, singing to Mac De Marco the whole way there .  I arrive to school and get out my car . Great just great I say to myself as I lock eyes with Rafe Cameron. Ignore him ignore him today I say to myself  . Elle ! Phew it's Pey ! Pey ! I shriek running towards her . It's only been two days she saids , but I fucking missed you girl ! She saids . I missed you too Pey , I say . We walk along and meet the others and the day starts . School was okay , I guess but it wasn't the best . Rafe mainly focused on me the whole time which was annoying but I just acted like he wasn't there mostly .

At the end of the school day , I drive back home until I noctice something. Rafe is outside my house . Fuck , I say to myself. I get out of the car and say What the fuck do you want ? He flashes a cold look at me , piercing his blue eyes right through me trying to make me feel weak . I ignored that and tried to show him I wasn't a scared little girl . I ... I ... I need to talk to you he saids almost choking on his words . Look , if it's about the breakup , don't you say you want me back because you were the one that ended because you said 'hey uh Elle ? , I don't think I can do this anymore, people are going to find out !' I mimic him . ELLE FOR FUCK SAKE THIS IS SERIOUS! He yells . I back away slowly shaking and trembling. Why ? Why do I let him see the power he has over me ? Okay then talk I say . Not here , somewhere else . Look Rafe , I'm not going anywhere with you , not until you explain what the fuck is going on !  Look Elle , I know it's hard but I need you to just trust me okay ! It's too risky to tell you here !