Chapter 1

Chapter 1

"Roxi relax love. Please calm down." A calming hand ran up and down my back as I barely breathed. "You will be okay. I promise." He moved his hands from me back to rest in my hands. I squeezed tight and leaned in to rest my head in his shoulder.

"Roxi, we are ready to see you." A skimpy old lady chirped form behind the desk.

"Zayn!" I squeaked gripping his hands tighter in mine.

"It is going to be alright. Everything will be okay. They just need to run some tests, that's all." He gave me a crooked smile trying to comfort me. When I still clung to him, he took the first move, and got up, lifting me with him. He picked me up and effortlessly and carried me up to the desk where the old lady as waiting.

"Here is Roxi." Zayn cleared his throat and looked down at me. I smiled weakly back up to him, and forcefully pushed myself of of his chest.

The old lady smiled at us as she motioned for us to follow her.

Down a colorful hallway, Zayn and I walked in sync, his arm around my tiny shoulders, and mine around his torso. He pulled me closer as he felt me stiffen out. My muscles would not relax. "Roxi deep breaths." He reminds me.

I nod, and we keep shadowing the lad in front of us.

She lead us in front of a glass door with a painted picture of 'Beauty and a Beast' on it. "Here you are." She motioned for us to enter the room, and we complied. "You can take a seat on the bed if you would like." She smiled and then exited the room.

"I'm not sitting there alone, Zayn." I whisper.

"Come here." He laid down on the bed and opened his arms to me. I quickly snuggled u to him, digging my head into his chest. I let a few tears role down my cheeks as I thought about what could happen.

"Zayn." I started. "Do you really think I have..." I trailed off not wanting to say, think, or be reminded of the terrible word.

"Roxi, love, I don't know. That is why we have to do these terrible tests."

"Will it hurt?" My body trembled above his.

Letting out a deep sigh, he replied, "yes it will Roxi. If I could, I would take all of your pain way. It hurts me more than you know to see you in pain. But don't worry, I'll be right here the whole time. I'll hold your hand, and hold you tight. You will not be alone Roxi, ever." I teared up more at his word. It made me feel good, to know I had someone there for me.

"Zayn." I said again. "If I do have it, promise you won't leave me."

"Roxi, I can only get closer to you, I would never leave."

"Miss Roxi." I lifted my head off of Zayns chest to see a man in a long white lab coat at the door. "Hi I'm Dr. Stone." He stuck his hand out for me to shake it. I compelled and Zayn followed. "You have nothing to worry about sweet heart." It was clear he saw my worried expression. "I am here to help you, not to hurt you. Now if you could just listen, I'd like to tell you the proceeders in which will be preformed today."

I gulped and looked at Zayn once more. He gave me a slight nod and I turned back to the doctor. I nodded just as Zayn had.