005 | Departure

She knows the only way to leave the woods behind as much as possible is crossing the river. But what about her companions? What about the people who have fought by her side for so long? What about her family? How can she betray their trust?

Still, that's her destiny. She lost her duel against Holanne. She can't hang around her village anymore without being scorned or threatened with death. She can't see that poisonous snake claim Ferald as her man without suffering. She can't hide in plain sight.

So, the only thing she can do is leaving. As she gets ready to swim through the cold river, Paris feels like she could die any time soon.

***

After marching, swimming, avoiding perilous obstacles for days, the only thing Paris wants is to find a new place to call home. "If only I could be happy... I'll be tormented by guilt for my embarrassing loss forever." She mulls over the reason why she had to leave her old hometown and starts crying.

She doesn't want to recall painful memories again; yet, those are the only ones that come to her mind. This means that she only has one way to forget: settling down. Now, it's all about finding the perfect place where to start a new life.