8

♠️Welcome to Chapter Eight♠️

~author's pov

Later that day, Y/N went out with her old high school friends to talk about the situation.. They met up at a cafe nearby, Y/N went there first to make sure that everyone was there with her.

But as she opened the door and walked in, she saw her friends greeting her with waves and warm smiles. 

Y/N: "Glad to see you guys here already."
-she said, taking a seat.

Jennie: "Of course! You wanted to spend some time with us, so let's get it."

Isabelle: "Hey, how is Ahkeel? I miss holding his tiny body in my arms."

Y/N: "He's out with his father."
-she stated plainly.

 Everyone looked at Y/N all surprised. Y/N looked up from the menu to see the expressions on their faces. 

Y/N: "Oh? I haven't told you? He found out yesterday, he came to my parents' house all upset.. Plus, Ahkeel kept asking about his father and I couldn't hide it anymore. Now, today, they're spending time together."

Tiffany: "Y/N, you said it as if it wasn't such a bug deal.. You should be happy for Ahkeel at least."

I'm happy for by son, it's Kobe I'm worried about..
~you thought

Y/N: "I'm happy for Ahkeel, it's Kobe would spoil him since he'd say yes to anything he asks for."

Lillian: "He has a goddaughter, I'm sure he has a heart to say no. Whether biological or not."

Isabelle: "Exactly, so don't worry about it too much. Let's have some fun while we're here, anyways. Waiter!"

~meanwhile, at the park

Ahkeel: "Papa, there's a question I wanted to ask if I ever met you."
-he said as he sat down on he grass.

Kobe: "Hm, what is it?"
-he asked, sitting down in front of him.

Ahkeel: "Why doesn't mama like talking about you?"

Kobe's expression dropped then he suddenly chuckled and tilted his head back. 

Kobe: "Your mother and I.. we had the perfect relationship, but I wasn't there to support her much.. I wasn't a good person to her, I destroyed her future. But her future is now our future, and I want her to know that I'm sorry. Haha, she hated me for a long time, so I understand. That's why she doesn't talk about me.."

Ahkeel was about to say something but the voice of a little girl interrupted him. 

Kayla: "Daddy!"
-she yelled as she ran towards Kobe.

Kobe: "Hey, babygirl!"
-he said, smiling as he opened his arms for a hug.

Ahkeel: "Kayla."
-he smiled.

Kayla: "Ahkeel! What are you doing here?"
-she asked, sitting down on the grass beside Kobe.

Kobe: "Ah, didn't Papa told you that you have a new brother?"