Chapter Two: A Single Wish

"Abagail! Time to go were going to be late for class" my mom yelled down the hall. I got ready as quick as I could, slipping on my tiny shoes and running out the door. Every dwarf in the village had to attend Wizarding School in order to grow up and do your dwarf duties such as undoing enchantments that humans accidently get a hold of. Once I got to school I took my usual spot by the window next to my best friend Sabrina. Sabrina and I have known each other since we were dwarf babies and since then we have been inseparable. "Hey Abagail!, Wanna hang out in the forest after class?" Sabrina asked. I immediately replied yes since that was our favorite spot to hang out at after school. After 3 hours in class we finally ran out the door towards the forest. The forest was one of our favorite spots to hang out at, it had a natural sense of comfort that lingered in the air. Sabrina and I picked our favorite tall oak to sit under while we chatted about our days, from the corner of my eye I spotted a single dandelion in planted in the forest floor. I gently picked it up thinking about the legend of dandelions making your wishes come true if you blew them. Sabrina and I both had a dream of becoming humans, tired of our dwarf lives and wanting to go and explore the real world. We both knew at once what to wish for and blew as hard as we could on the dandelion. We watched the little white puffs dance in the sunlight hoping that our wish would come true. Once I got home to my little mushroom cottage, exhausted from the long day I jumped into my four leaf clover bed and fell asleep.