Chapter 11: Stipulations

Note: Characters' inner monologues are in italics.

__________________________________________________________________

Counting the dim street lights as they walked hand in hand, Shaurya and Anokhi recalled the romantic moments they had shared. How Anokhi had clung to Shaurya's waist. How Shaurya had passionately kissed her lips.

As the wind blew across the empty street, Anokhi's shawl started unwrapping from her body, shifting to the side. Her palm began to free itself from Shaurya's tight hold. Before she could slip her palm away, Shaurya's free hand swept up to fix her shawl. As he halted, to pull Anokhi's shawl closer to her chest, his fingers rubbed her kurti lining her bosom. Anokhi's breath hitched, her senses wild. That touch. His fingers on her. Those sensations. She was craving more, this time unclothed.

Shaurya was about to return to walking after fixing Anokhi's shawl before she grabbed ahold of his wrist. They faced each other, standing still on the deserted road.

"Shaurya?"

"Hmm?"

"Mujhe kuch batana hai aapko."

Anokhi hesitated to reveal her thoughts to Shaurya. Her swallowing was evidence of her struggle. Shaurya was looking at her with so much dedication, waiting for her to speak up.

"I'm really enjoying spending tonight with you. I have never been so content with something other than my studies. But..."

Shaurya's face flashed a frown upon hearing the last word. He really hoped she wouldn't tell him to back off, because that would make things difficult. He needed to focus on making her his again. That was the goal here.

Anokhi paused, taking a moment to reconsider her decision of laying her feelings out in the open. She didn't want to ruin her equation with Shaurya. Taking a deep breath, she grabbed both of his hands, looking up to lock eyes with him.

"Shaurya, I like what we have between us. It's new, it's organic, it's everything. But what are we? I mean, I just met you yesterday and it seems like we've skipped numerous steps while reaching this one."

She moved in closer, her forehead barely touching his chin. Shaurya stood still, lending his patience to Anokhi. She had valid points which deserved to be discussed.

"I just think we should go back to being normal, like friends? You're...umm...you're a distraction to me." "A good one", she added quickly, upon realizing the negative connotation present in her words. Rubbing her thumbs softly across Shaurya's knuckles, she continued, "I think it's best for both of us to focus on our career goals. I'm most probably responsible for slow progress on your end too."

Anokhi couldn't look Shaurya in the eye anymore. She was lying. She wanted him. Bad. But she had stated facts. Her attraction to Shaurya wasn't letting her focus on anything else. He was constantly driving her insane with his charming personality and looks.

Shaurya pulled his hands away from Anokhi's and placed them on her rosy cheeks. He acknowledged her words. They both were moving way too fast. Anokhi 2.0 had met him yesterday and today they had started being extremely affectionate towards one another. As for him, he had loved her for so long. But Anokhi had just "met" him, so things were different.

Placing his lips on her forehead, he kissed her, his love pouring out. He just wanted her to feel comfortable with him, like she used to. Nothing else mattered but her comfort.

Anokhi wrapped her arms around Shaurya's waist as she dissolved in his kiss. His lips on her skin invoked the fire within her which she was trying to eliminate. Her mind took her back to the feeling of his fingers grazing her chest. Mentally facepalming herself, Anokhi reconsidered.