7. Care

Written by @btsfanfiction166
Do not repost/copy.

Chapter 7 : One step at a time.

Y/n's POV
I cannot believe that we just kissed. The butterflies in my stomach didn't stop at all since yesterday night.

I got up early today just to make breakfast for the both of us so that he doesn't go to work on empty stomach.

Jungkook had a big appetite and you were somewhat very good at cooking.

You had made some vegetable soup with meat in it and some stir fried corn with rice, Tofu stew, rolled omelette which you cut in pieces and placed them nicely on the small plate while you took out some ketchup and poured it in the small bowl.

Jungkook never woke you up and did it all by himself. I had told Jungkook to just keep the maids for house cleaning and nothing else so that I had my own privacy in our house but the thought of him doing everything didn't cross my mind.

I still feel bad for not thinking about his well-being. I was being selfish and just like always he agreed with me just to make me feel comfortable.

After placing everything on the table I cleaned the kitchen counter and waited for Jungkook to come downstairs.

Soon I heard the door opening and saw him walking down the stairs. He was dressed in a Navy Armani suit and his hair was styled neatly.

He was busy on his phone and didn't notice me standing until he furrowed his eyebrows and took in the smell.

Soon his eyes met mine and he had a shocked expression on his face. I gave him a soft smile.

"Come on let's have breakfast together" I said and it seemed like he came out of his world and nodded.

Both of us started eating quietly until his phone rang. I expected him to answer it but he just turned it silent and looked at me.

"Why did you do it all by yourself. I mean I don't mind but why do you have to disturb yourself and besides looking at so many dishes. You must be tired" He said and continued eating.

"It's alright and I have literally nothing to do all day so I thought why not make myself useful" I shrugged.

"But still it seems a lot of work. You could have called me-" I interrupted him.

"Jungkook it's really alright and I like cooking and who is gonna take care of you if not me" I said and soon realised what left my mouth.

Ugh why do I have to be so clumsy with my words...

But he looked at me so warmly. It seemed like he was happy with what I just said.

"Oh- no it's just- I mean" I stuttered while trying to form a nice sentence.

Soon I heard him chuckle and he placed his hand on top of mine.

"Thankyou love" He spoke softly while looking at me right in the eyes.

"I- it's alright" I breathed out and felt my cheeks getting warmer.

Seriously he had to call me love like that ugh my heart needs to calm down.

*****

Jungkook helped me clean the table even when I told him not too. He just said "You cooked so I'll clean" and shrugged causally.

"Okay so I'll get going now" I heard Jungkook.

I was emptying all the leftover food and putting it in the plastic bag so that I could later give it too people in need.

"Yeah goodbye" I turned around and waved at him.

He looked at me with a confused look and his mouth was in a 'o'. It seemed like he wanted to say something.

"It something wrong?" I asked while looking at his confused state but he just shook his head.

Shrugging it off I started again with my work before giving him a smile. But soon I felt a pair of hands wrapped around my waist.

His face buried in my neck while he took in my scent. Good thing I took a bath right after waking up.

"Okay Jeon you are gonna be late now" Even you wanted to stay like this for the whole day but he had work.

"I know. Should I just take a leave today?" He said while resting his chin on my left shoulder.

You gave him a look and he sighed while nodding.

"Yeah sorry I'm going bye" He unwrapped his arms around you and walked towards the door.

"Jeon wait" You called him and saw his face becoming bright like a kid getting his toy.

"You forgot your phone" You walked over to the dining table and took the phone and gave it to him.

Soon you saw his smile disappearing and he just nodded while bidding a bye to you sadly. You furrowed your eyes at his weird behaviour.

You pressed your lips together and gave it a thought but nothing came to your mind.

"Why did he sulk like a kid. Was he expecting something else?" Walking over to the door you saw him wearing his shoes.

You leaned over the wall and kept looking at him weirdly until you realised what was all this fuss about.

He didn't even look at you and kept pouting and you couldn't help but think that you actually married a kid who was stuck in a adult's body.

"Okay come here" You said while he straightened himself.

"I'm getting late y/n. Something important?" He said sweetly.

You rolled your eyes with a smile and walked over to him. Wrapping your arms around his neck you tip toed to match his height a little (but failed) and pecked his lips softly.

"Okay now it's the final bye"  You chuckled and saw his flushed face.

He pecked your lips once again and ran outside while you just had a smile on your face all the time.

Sighing you decided to watch some tv since you had nothing else to do.

Your phone buzzed indicating that you had received a text. Taking your phone, the screen flashed in-front of your face and the lock opened by your face.

Message from : Jungkook
Be ready by 6:00 pm. I'm taking you out on a date. Wear something fancy..;)