Night Has A Thousand Eyes

Episode-18

THE FRENCH QUARTER

Hayley and Jackson were walking down the streets of the French Quarter as Hayley pushed Hope in a stroller.

The two talked to each other as they passed locals and tourists milling around the street, along with street musicians who were playing various instruments.

Hope cooed at Hayley, who giggled and tickled the little girl.

Jackson smiled warmly before he formally asked, "Well, Mrs. Marshall-Kenner, now that you've got a real local to show you around the Quarter, what would you like to see first?"

Hayley chuckled and looked at her husband, "Oh, Mr. Kenner, I'd ask to see your old haunts, but we do have an impressionable young lady with us." She tickled Hope again, and she giggled adorably.

They came upon a violinist on the sidewalk who was playing an upbeat tune and so they stopped to listen.

Hayley turned to Hope and exclaimed animatedly, "Whoa!!" The violinist continued to play the tune a little longer before smiling and dramatically ending the song.
The young hybrid smiled back at the woman and dropped some money into her violin case before speaking to her, "Thanks!"

As the couple began to walk away, the violinist started to play a much slower tune. Hayley paused, unnerved as she looked over at the violinist, who was staring at them with vacant eyes. Jackson looked at Hayley in concern.

The she-wolf shivered in discomfort. "That song... What is it?" They looked back at the violinist again, who was still staring at them creepily.

Alarmed, she quickly turned back around and started to walk away. As they headed down the street, Hayley started to scan their surroundings.

She spotted a waiter writing a message onto the chalkboard outside of a restaurant that read, "A promise made is a debt to be paid." Hayley tensed, but tried her best to play it cool in case someone else was watching.

Suddenly, they were stopped by a man holding a large, long-stemmed red and black flower in his hand. He held it out to Hope as he spoke robotically, "Flowers, miss. A gift for the child."

Jackson sensed Hayley's alarm and stepped in, "Uh, no, we're alright. Thank you!"

The man spoked up again, "You sure?"

Hayley looked at him suspiciously as he held up the flower and smiled creepily, "Black dahlias are in bloom. They're quite lovely."

Hayley, frightened at the witch's name, started to walk past him but the man grabbed her tightly by the arm as both of his eyes turned pure white.

Out of nowhere, Nikole appeared and shoved the man against a light post as she gripped him in a choke-hold. She growled angrily, "Show yourself, witch."

Suddenly, Jackson was overwhelmed by an unknown force as the flower salesman's eyes returned to normal. His eyes become pure white.

Hayley's eyes widened as she watched her husband, "Nikole!"

The original turned to find Jackson standing straight in front of them.

He spoke up loudly, "I am here. I am everywhere. And I intend to take what is mine."

Nikole scowled at him, while Hayley looked simply terrified.

The hybrid whispered in slight shock, "It's her."

He groaned as Dahlia left his body. He looked completely confused when he saw the hybrids staring at him in shock and terror. He frowned, concerned, "Hey, what just happened?"