Chapter 16

A little short, but the next chapter will make up for it. 

_________

          One evening, Lyla walked into his room, he was sitting on the bed and she walked into the closet. He had made space long ago and Lyla always had half of the closet for her clothes even though she still slept on the couch. She was aware of Ryerson's gaze on her, but she ignored it, gathering her most formal clothing.

          "Something wrong?" she asked from the closet.

          "I saw you setting an alarm for early in the morning for tomorrow," he stated, "do you have to be somewhere?"

        "Yes, I've got a job interview tomorrow morning," she chuckled, "well, it's not really a job interview since I've got my license and all but I need to meet someone to arrange where in the hospital I'm going to work and-."

        "Why?" he asked immediately, he was a billionaire, why would she want a job?

        "Why do I need to meet someone to arrange and confirm my job? I told you-"

        "No, I mean, why do you have an interview tomorrow?" Lyla turned to him, her head cocked to the side in questioning, incredulity, and amusement.

        "Because I need to get a job," she laughed, like it was obvious. Besides, he must've seen this coming, given that he knew she was taking the license exam and everything. Ryerson did see it coming, but he just didn't expect her to get in to it so soon. 

        "Yeah, why? I can give you any money you need," he insisted. She laughed again.

         "I'm not going to work just to earn money, I'm a doctor, I help people. I treat people." she shook her head as if he was stupid.

         "But-but, what will everyone else think? That the billionaire couldn't support his wife?" He truly didn't mean the things coming out of his mouth, but honestly, he was just worried that these early stages of their relationship would crumble if Lyla became too busy with work. And he didn't want that. Sure, he had work, as a CEO it was inevitable, but he had been making more time for the two of them, wanting to put their relationship a first-hand priority and knew that some progress would be lost if she was busy with work.

         Lyla stared at her husband with the slightest hint of a glare, she hadn't been expecting what he said.

       "What happened to letting me work after marriage?" Lyla asked. 'I didn't think that was so soon,' Ryerson basically whined in his head. But he didn't say anything, "I'm going to that interview thing, whatever you say," she skipped forward, to the conclusion of the argument.

        "If you go to that interview tomorrow I'll strap you to the bed," he said, sitting up in the bed, looking straight at Lyla, but they both knew he didn't mean it in the least. She stared back at him, rolling her eyes at his statement.

      "Real kinky," she replied. His jaw dropped, this girl kept surprising him. She was something different every second, one second she's happy and innocent and the next she's making dirty jokes. He was so surprised that he didn't even answer before she got out of the room. Considering himself the one who won he covered himself in the blanket and went to sleep. 

_________

Hope you liked it! 

 Don't forget to vote, share, and comment! I'd love some feedback, your comments are very valuable to me.