𝟐

˚ ༘𝐁𝐑𝐔𝐓𝐀𝐋 𝟐~!˚ ༘✶

y/n watched as her boyfriend chased after ziggy, knowing she should be jealous

y/n watched as her boyfriend chased after ziggy, knowing she should be jealous. but in reality, she knew her and nick's feelings for each other were, or had, faded.

deciding it was meaningless to follow nick, she thought of where she could find her best friend, alice.

she figured she was with cindy and tommy, as the four of them had to clean the outhouse. but yet again, alice is a hormonal teenager, with an even more hormonal boyfriend. and knowing  alice and arnie, they'd rather do other things than clean an outhouse.

"hey, have you guys seen alice?" she asks, walking in just as tommy and cindy kiss.

y/n's heart dropped. she knew cindy's plan. the poor girl was so love sick that she would act straight and date the golden boy to grab alice's attention.

but tommy wasn't in on it, which made y/n sad. he could fall in love with cindy and then she'd break his heart.

pushing cindy away gently, tommy shook his head and smiled at y/n.

neither him nor cindy were big fans of pda.

y/n just nodded as cindy's mouth formed an 'o' shape.

"where are they?" she huffed, checking a stall before she grabbed y/n's hand and began searching for the missing couple.

cindy and y/n ran into alice's cabin, immediately looking away just as alice hops in arnie's arms.

"what — oh my god!" cindy said, looking away as her lip quivered.

"hey," alice says, hugging me as i make a disgusted face and push her off.

"what are you doing?" cindy asks — as if it weren't obvious — and covering her eyes as the two get dressed.

"three guess," alice answers sarcastically, smiling.

"hey, careful," arnie stops alice from speaking any further.

"you don't wanna corrupt her virgin ears."

alice lets out a laugh as y/n and cindy roll their eyes.

"we still have to get everything together for color war, and you guys.." cindy trails off, searching her mind for a punishment.

"uh.. uh.."

"have to finish cleaning the outhouse," y/n interrupts, as alice scoffs playfully.

"come on, y/n/n! we're doing the shit jobs all summer and now we have to clean up actual shit? no."

"i'm sorry, but we don't have a choice!" cindy snaps back.

"shit," arnie curses, attracting all of our attention.

"that's our last one, babe."

"what're you doing?" cindy asks, horrified as alice takes the cigarette and brings it to her lips.

"three guesses," she says once more as arnie lets out a breathy laugh.

he groans as he touches the back of his head.

"you okay, babe?" alice asks him as he nods.

"just got a bit dizzy."

"probably from all the stuff you smoke," y/n says as arnie laughs again.

cindy groans, turning off alice and arnie's radio,

"t-this isn't funny! we have a job to do."

"alice, put that down."

"or what?" alice asks, smirking as she blows smoke into cindy's face.

"what, are you gonna snitch on me again? okay, what if, you go talk your little friend, nurse lane, about getting us some yellow jackets."

"yes," arnie agrees immediately, looking at y/n expectantly.

"or some red birds?"

"both."

"and then we'll scrub all the shit you want."

"yellow jackets? what? red.. what — drugs, baby. drugs." y/n asks as arnie cuts her off.

"just hook us up."

"no!" cindy interferes,

"no, we won't do that! some people actually want to do things with their lives, so stop screwing with mine and just do your jobs! please!"

"well, maybe you should've thought about that before blasting captain and tennille for two hours straight," alice retorts,

"snitch."

alice laughs as cindy looks at her with heartbreak etched onto her face, hopping on the counter and turning her music back on.

"come on," y/n rolls her eyes, grabbing cindy's arm and tugging her out of the cabin.

"bye!"