Chapter One: Alberto's POV

I wake up to the sun shining in my eyes. I like looking into the sun, but today I find it unusually annoying. Another day filled with nothing. I sit up and look over at the human town. Maybe today I could . . . But what if . . . Silenzio Bruno! I yell in my head. You know what? I could use some more human stuff.

After a minute or two of completely forgetting where I am and what's happening, I climb into the tower. I stare at the "Vespa is Freedom" poster before lazily climbing down the ladder hung over the edge of the tower. Just as I'm about to dive into the water, I hear a stupid voice in my head reminding me that anyone could see me and question what I'm doing or worse . . . As much as I want to tell Bruno to shut up, maybe this time . . . I shake my head, getting rid of the very vague images of my mom.

I angrily march back up the ladder, grab a harpoon I found lodged into a rock once, and pull on my old "water clothes". My dad used to make me wear them when we would go in the water. Says it was to "protect" me, but the looks he gave me when I was in my sea monster form said otherwise. Normally I don't listen to my dad's old "advice", but recently I've started caring less and less about bothering to be my own person or whatever. I struggle down the ladder and waddle into the water. My mind goes back to last night, when I almost got caught by those humans. Hah. I'm way too fast for them. I remember all the interesting stuff they had with them.

I managed to grab some weird metal thing, a cup, and almost some cards, except I ended up dropping everything when I swam away. But forget all of that, the real gem was the magic singing lady machine. I saw it fall into the water when I made my escape. (along with some other less interesting stuff) I come back to reality and start looking for my stuff. Then, I spot the metal thing. It's a few inches long with a crap pincher shape on the end. I start forcing my arms and legs, heavy with the suit on, through the water, when I notice someone else swimming towards it. They look like a boy, maybe my age? It's hard to tell through the helmet.

He(?) swims toward the metal thing and picks it up. Then he follows the trail of all the other human things I dropped and nears the treasure; The magic singing lady machine. Obviously I can't let him take it. I mean I saw it first. He moves closer to it, so I drop down from my hiding space above him. Then I walk as fast as I can (which isn't very fast with the water clothes on) and then he finally realizes he's not alone. He turns around and screams. I laugh at his scared face, but I have to admit, I'm intrigued.

When I lived with my dad, he never let me see other people. Which meant I never had friends. I've barely even seen kids my own age. The occasional boat will pass by with a kid in it, but obviously I can't just pop up out of the water to say hi. The boy screams some more, while literally backing himself into a corner. I roll my eyes under the helmet.

"Boo."

He stops screaming. "Huh?" I take my helmet off.

"It's fine, I'm not human," I tell him. And he finally stops panicking. Without the helmet I can get a better look at him. He has reddish, wide eyes, a round face, and blue and green scales. Hmm. He definitely seems like the type to get scared about anything and everything. Luckily I have Silenzio Bruno to help me with that stuff.

"Oh!" He laughs nervously, "Thank goodness."

"Here, hold this." I toss him the harpoon and walk out of the cave thingy. I'll need all the room in my arms that I can get. I wiggle out of the suit, finally forgetting my fear and remembering who's in charge of me now. I quickly pick up the Magic Singing Lady Machine and stuff it into the empty helmet. The boy swims out after me. I add the cup to my helmet.

"Uh . . . Do you . . . live around here?" He asks slowly.

"Down here?" I repeat. Ooh! There's the weird metal thing! "No, no, no. I just came for my stuff. Ooh!" I pick up this twisty stick looking thing and take that with me. I start to swim back to the surface.

"Uh, hey! Wait, that's mine!" I hear the boy call after me. I keep swimming. I'm not wasting time trying to sort this out. "Sir? You forgot your harpoon and . . ." Sir? I laugh in my head. This kid is weird. I turn around.

"Oh yeah," I grab it from him. "Thanks!" I swim back to the land and shake the water off of me. The boy stays underwater. I bet you anything he's never been above the surface. Time to have some fun. I take the curvy stick thingy and pull him up out of the water by his waist. He yells and lands on the ground. I watch him turn from green to peach, and blue to brown. He notices the change and begins yelling and rolling around on the stones.

By now I've sat down on a rock and am waiting for him to calm down. Apparently that day will never come. "First time?" I ask.

He sits up and looks at me frantically. "Of course it is! I'm a good kid!" He starts panicking again. I've had my fair deal with this feeling.

"Hey, relax. Breathe." He takes a few deep breaths and looks around in awe. "Woah," he whispers.

"Well," I smile, "isn't it great?"

To my surprise, he says, "No! It's bad, and I'm not supposed to be up here!" Ah. There it is. The classic, 'I really want to do this but I can't because someone told me not to'. He rolls into the water and transforms back into a sea monster. "Good day," he says and goes fully underwater. I look down at the stick that is apparently his. I roll my eyes. This boy . . .

I walk to the water and hold it out. He appears a second later and grabs it from me. "Thank you. Good-good day. Again." He disappears underwater. I stare, unimpressed, at the spot where he left. What a strange boy. Or maybe all kids are like that. Like I said, I've never had any friends. I take my stuff back to the tower and set it all down. I smile at the treasure. Now how to get this thing to work . . . I try a few different methods, but none work. Whatever. I sit down and stare at my other stuff.

I see the Vespa poster out of the corner of my eye. I'm half tempted to pull it back and just add another . . . AHHH! There's no use. It's already been who knows how long. The shock from seeing another sea monster my age is wearing off. I feel . . . not like myself. When my dad first left I used to cry all the time, but after a while everything started feeling numb and boring. There wasn't much to do but wait around. For? I don't know. Well . . . I guess I do, but I don't feel like thinking about it.

By now the sun is setting so I decide it's time to start a fire. I learned how to do that from watching my dad years ago. Once it's going good, the sun is almost gone. I look up at the anchovies in the sky. I do this every night to go to sleep. After a while I feel the exhaustion from today's events taking over me, and next thing I know, I'm having a mix of nightmares and dreams.

(Not necessary to read)

OMG WELL I'M SORRY THAT WAS HORRIBLE. Also I have no clue how many words that was so don't ask. Anyway, I'm like, kind of young, so don't expect this to actually be good. Tell me what you guys think? I mean I watched the same 2 minutes of the movie so many times to figure out what was going on like literally the SMALLEST details and timing. It took forever. For now I'm just gonna do another Alberto chapter starting where this one left off because idk what else to do. Anyway, sorry if I don't update for awhile, I have a lot of things to catch up on in my personal life, but I will try to update when I can. Alright that's all! Have a nice evening/night/morning/day! -C 

(PS, my name doesn't start with C hahaha)