Chicken

Deena's POV

I'm so happy. Sam finally is ready. She kissed me in front of Kate and Simon, and hugged me in front of everyone at the bowling alley. I've waited about two weeks which doesn't seem that long but to me it's felt like forever. I want to be open with my girlfriend, I don't care what the rest of the world thinks. I hope she thinks that way too.

I go to pick Sam up today and Kate and Simon are already in the car, they slept over at my house last night because they were too high to go home. Before stopping at Sam's house Kate and Simon start talking.

Kate- "So are you and Sam going public now?"

Deena- "I think so, I hope so." I look at her from the mirror.

Simon- "Well she was all over you at the bowling alley, not hard to tell you guys are fucking." He laughs.

Deena- "Dude shut up" I punch him in the arm. "We're not even fucking anyway." I gave him a glare.

Sam hops in and I tell Kate and Simon to shut it so they don't say something to embarrass Sam. I was expecting her to kiss me when she got into the car, but I guess she didn't want to today. Did she regret what happened? They already know now though, so what's the harm? She's confusing.

We walk out of the car and I go to grab Sam's hand, I wanted to see if yesterday was just a fluke.

Sam- "Deena! What are you doing?" She pulls her hand away.

Deena- "Oh, sorry.." I got really sad so I just walked away.

I didn't see Sam all for the rest of the day, I saw her in classes but we didn't talk. I could see her looking at me but I didn't acknowledge her. At lunch I just ate in my car, I really wasn't in the mood to talk to my friends today.

This ended up happening for about a week, Sam would act like she liked me one day and then not even touch me another. It was too much.

I had band tonight but I skipped it. I told Kate that I'm not driving them and she could sense something was wrong, like she usually can.

Kate- "Deena, are you okay?" She says softly and grabs my arm.

Deena- "I'm fine." I start to walk away.

Kate- "No you're not, did Sam do something? I swear to god ill kill that.." I stopped her.

Deena- "Chill out, I'm just confused." I told her what happened with me and Sam and she went on to tell me that everything will be fine. Kate has always been good at that.

Kate- "Buck up Ladykiller, I'll see you tomorrow." She walks away and goes to cheer practice. I hope she doesn't say anything to Sam. But knowing Kate she definitely will.

SAMS POV

I feel really bad about what's been happening. Deena's been ignoring me, but I deserve it. It's all my fault, I've just been such a fucking chicken the entire time. I need to make it up to her. But how?

After cheer practice I didn't have a drive so I needed to walk home. As I start walking I hear someone run up to me. I turn around and it's Kate.

Kate- "What are you doing to Deena?" She says with a very intimating face.

Sam- "What do you mean?" I know what she means.

Kate- "Stop screwing around, either you're with her, or you're not. You're just going to end up hurting her." She has a good point, I've been stringing her along and that's not fair.

I turn around and walk away from Kate, she was completely right. I just didn't know what to say to her. I walked home crying, what am I going to do? I like Deena so much, and I don't want to hurt her. But am I ready for everything?

When I got home I went right upstairs and called Deena, I needed to talk to her.

Deena- "What do you want Sam?" I can just tell she rolled her eyes.

Sam- "Meet me at the park on my street." I decided I needed to say this in person.

Deena- "I don't know Sam I'm really tired." I know that's a lie.

Sam- "Please, I'll be there in 30 minutes. I really hope you come." I hang up the phone. I hope she comes, we need to talk.